Momma Tried - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail32 View Post
You my friend would have truly loved this entire weekend . Wanna see more pix ?
I would have loved it. I would like to see more pics. I even like hockey a little, but this would have been much better. I loved going to Rockerbox in Milwaukee a few years ago. I think they may have moved it though. Anyone know where that is being held now if it's still going at all. But yes yes yes on more pics.
Bikerv2 likes this.

Darkside #69

Ironbutt #8045
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidray View Post
I would have loved it. I would like to see more pics. I even like hockey a little, but this would have been much better. I loved going to Rockerbox in Milwaukee a few years ago. I think they may have moved it though. Anyone know where that is being held now if it's still going at all. But yes yes yes on more pics.
@biker2 v aka Lee will fill ya in on Rockerbox . And yes it's still going .
More pix ASAP

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
Where's Rail now??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ahHnkalxai42Hi
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

I really enjoyed Oconomowoc , what a beautiful town at sunset . AND the best deep dish pizza I ever ate . I am not a fan of deep dish , but this sucker rocked .

Banana placed there for size reference. Next set more flat out Friday

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Rockerbox is on longer held on Center St. in Milwaukee. It is still running but at Road America. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...-road-america/

I don't like it as much at RA but you do have the Vintage races to watch.
I think it lost it feel and vib it once had in the city. But the good news is they have a new one in Milwaukee that most of the die hards from Rockbox attend. Its call Brewtown rumble. This feels much like the old rockerbox but a nicer location.

Lee

June, Loren and the old man

Alaska Spotwalla 2016 trip map https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...8574eaea630208
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerv2 View Post
Rockerbox is on longer held on Center St. in Milwaukee. It is still running but at Road America. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...-road-america/

I don't like it as much at RA but you do have the Vintage races to watch.
I think it lost it feel and vib it once had in the city. But the good news is they have a new one in Milwaukee that most of the die hards from Rockbox attend. Its call Brewtown rumble. This feels much like the old rockerbox but a nicer location.

Lee
Great. I thought it had moved to RA. I wasn't sure they were holding races there anymore as the Superbike series is pretty weak these days. I am pulling for the guys running the series but they left out Mid-Ohio, which is a nice ride for me. And we used to get to do two laps during an intermission. Had a ball playing with the sport bike guys on the Wing. I guess maybe just Googling Brewton Rumble would get me some more info?

Darkside #69

Ironbutt #8045
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 06:25 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidray View Post
Great. I thought it had moved to RA. I wasn't sure they were holding races there anymore as the Superbike series is pretty weak these days. I am pulling for the guys running the series but they left out Mid-Ohio, which is a nice ride for me. And we used to get to do two laps during an intermission. Had a ball playing with the sport bike guys on the Wing. I guess maybe just Googling Brewton Rumble would get me some more info?
Here you go Ray. June and I have gone the last two years. I really like the setting..........with the old bikes in the city. And you can tour some of the old Pabst brewery............. http://brewtownrumble.com/

Lee

Alaska Spotwalla 2016 trip map https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...8574eaea630208

Last edited by Bikerv2; 02-20-2017 at 05:23 AM.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:14 PM
Crazy Northerner

Lee I don't know how you find the time to do all this stuff. I am retired and can't make time to do all those things.
Bikerv2 likes this.

GL1800riders.com WI Board's Toughest Riders (Charter Member).
Real Riders Ride Year Round. Cold is only a state of mind, but snow
sucks. Charter member of the "I Hate Snow" club.

Darksider #1025
Wisconsin Patriot Guard #188329
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Seasoned Member

George...... You are to funny. June and I just go, go......But....
Today I am burned out.
We had a great time this weekend, between the Flat out Friday race and the Mama Tried bike show.
Ate way too much and stayed up way later than June and I are used to.
With Rail, Betty ........Spike and poor sick Don staying here, driving into Milwaukee, some site seeing, playing cards and just talking s#*t........it was fun, my laugh mussels are still hurting .
Great time.

Lee
vettesherps likes this.

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Crazy Northerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerv2 View Post
George...... You are to funny. June and I just go, go......But....
Today I am burned out.
We had a great time this weekend, between the Flat out Friday race and the Mama Tried bike show.
Ate way too much and stayed up way later than June and I are used to.
With Rail, Betty ........Spike and poor sick Don staying here, driving into Milwaukee, some site seeing, playing cards and just talking s#*t........it was fun, my laugh mussels are still hurting .
Great time.

Lee
I'm telling you pal, don't retire. You will not be able to do all those things any more.

GL1800riders.com WI Board's Toughest Riders (Charter Member).
Real Riders Ride Year Round. Cold is only a state of mind, but snow
sucks. Charter member of the "I Hate Snow" club.

Darksider #1025
Wisconsin Patriot Guard #188329

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page