Gerbing Repair - GL1800Riders
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Gerbing Repair

I need my Gerbing jacket repaired. The plug shorted out. I know that the original garbing guy is now operating under a different business name. Does anyone know the name and address of that business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:06 AM

http://www.gordonsheated.com/heated_jacket_liner.html

JoAnn Gerbing (844-492-7684) Easy to deal with.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Is your Gerbing jacket one made with Microwire ? If it's Microwire I think Lee had an issue with his and Got in touch with someone that fixed it for FREE because many of the ones that were made in China were defective and causing serious burn problems. Hopefully Lee will see this thread and give you more details but I think they actually sent him a brandnew jacket.

ehcycledude@yahoo.com
02 GL1800 yellow 475,000 smiles
Rode my bike to Trailer Week
2013 Yamaha Tenere

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Seasoned Member

Ken ...... if you have the older Gerbing gear you may be out of luck.
Gerbing is now owned by Gyde Supply Co.
I just tried to google them and their wed site is gone. I had a problem with my Microwire jacket and they said to send it to them but there was no guarantee they would fix it. Pay for shipping and pay for them to check it out. I backed out. Jacket liner was 12 years old.
Don worked with Gyde I believe it worked out well for him.
I just saw this on my google search
http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbi...gn=SolidCactus

Lee

June, Loren and the old man

Alaska Spotwalla 2016 trip map https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...8574eaea630208

Last edited by Bikerv2; 04-19-2017 at 05:27 AM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

If your jacket is a Gerbing produt, contact Bob Gerbing at Gordon's Heated Clothing http://www.gordonsheated.com/contact_gordons.html . They are exceptional people and they stand behind all the Gerbing products no mater when it was manufactured. Their position is "The electrical components of our jacket liner are warranted to be free from factory defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the garment."
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

They no longer repair Gerbing products. I contacted Gordons and this is the reply I got from JoAnnThank you for your inquiry,We are not gerbings. We are Gordon's. Gerbings was taken over by one ofGordon's dons who fired the rest of us and ran the company into the groundand sold it, for a profit while leaving Gordon in near destitution.After the company was sold the rest of us found out and decided to startGordon's Heated Clothing to bring back the quality and AMERICAN madeitems. We started with very little capital and are working our way fromthe ground up. We do not have the manpower to repair other brands ofclothing and have no interest in doing so as keeping the competition goingdoes not help this fledgling company stay in business to honor ourwarranty.You can go to www.heatedclothingrx.com and inquire there for repairs. Whenyou are in the market for new, quality, American made products we will behere and will be happy to help you.Best Regards,JoAnnwww.gordonsheated.com
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Seasoned Member

JDBRider, do you know what is wrong with your jacket or what parts you need? I've got a lot of Gerbing wiring and parts and can send you most anything you need for free. If it's just a plug that needs replacing, just solder a new one on. Let me know if I can help.

Johnny S
1bigjohn@cableone.net
Rail32 and Kenichi like this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

The plug shorted and melted it. I went to an electronic shop and got another plug but its designed for coaxle cable and it would be very difficult to solder and insulate one wire from the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny S View Post
JDBRider, do you know what is wrong with your jacket or what parts you need? I've got a lot of Gerbing wiring and parts and can send you most anything you need for free. If it's just a plug that needs replacing, just solder a new one on. Let me know if I can help.

Johnny S
1bigjohn@cableone.net
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBRIDER View Post
The plug shorted and melted it. I went to an electronic shop and got another plug but its designed for coaxle cable and it would be very difficult to solder and insulate one wire from the other.
What if you had a plug with a few inches of wire on it so you didn't have to deal with the plug itself, just solder the wires? Where exactly is the plug on the jacket? If you could post a pic or send me a pic to my email, I might could help you further. If you need SAE connectors, I've got those also.

J S
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny S View Post
What if you had a plug with a few inches of wire on it so you didn't have to deal with the plug itself, just solder the wires? Where exactly is the plug on the jacket? If you could post a pic or send me a pic to my email, I might could help you further. If you need SAE connectors, I've got those also.

J S
Its the main power plug on the jacket. Yes a plug with a few inches of wire would be easier to solder and make a good splice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page