Probably Clio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Probably Clio
That is correct . Talked to old dude today and tentively planning Saturday early evening pickup . He is kinda freaking out I am pulling it home on a trailer behind wing .
I am planning on investigating making rear suspension and swing arm for it currently . I have 9 acres with 3 acres swamp low land . 25" tires on it and 200cc of pure Honda reliability . I am stoked. I have owned many of ATC's . Most Honda's with regular maintence are as dependable as our wing motors . Got a yoshi pipe and bigger carb already dug out for it . Gonna run KLR seat and custom rear fender . Gonna gear it down a lot as I want to climb walls with it
I am thinking of naming it Swamp Railer

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
Where's Rail now??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ahHnkalxai42Hi
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Fifty View Post
I always liked the 3 wheelers.... a blast to ride. They must of sold a zillion of those things in the day. I can remember we had 3 Honda dealers in Tucson in the day and every payday the pickup trucks were driving around town with brand new 3 wheelers in the back of their trucks. ...... what a hit they were.
If not for lawyers they would still be around . Up here I loved them in the snow as all 3 wheels packed a trail like no other. I owned a 250R that I modded that would run 65mph flat out and handled very well with lower profile tires and very modded suspension .

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Crazy Northerner

I just remember that if you ran very low air pressure to make a soft ride over the rough terrain and then hit the road at full speed that thing was all over the place.

GL1800riders.com WI Board's Toughest Riders (Charter Member).
Real Riders Ride Year Round. Cold is only a state of mind, but snow
sucks. Charter member of the "I Hate Snow" club.

Darksider #1025
Wisconsin Patriot Guard #188329
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettesherps View Post
I just remember that if you ran very low air pressure to make a soft ride over the rough terrain and then hit the road at full speed that thing was all over the place.
Yes indeed. They should have never been ran on pavement . They were way to grabby for sticky surfaces . Unless you ran lawn mower tires on them aka flat tracker tires . Than one could slide them under power around corners like Tokyo Drift movie .
vettesherps likes this.

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Was taking wing and trailer to get wheeler till weather reared its ugly head . Severe storms forecasted from here to Clio . Both days this weekend . So Tundra it is . Now gonna try to make it a round trip in one day . Spot tracker , radar detector , and tootsie rolls already packed . Heading out at day break Sat.

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Wanted old Honda 3 wheeler

one last item in tundra before I leave in the morning

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Crazy Northerner

Did you make it back or did you stop for the evening?

Darksider #1025
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettesherps View Post
Did you make it back or did you stop for the evening?
1250 miles in 18 hours .
Got home at 10:45 pm
Crazy weather systems I drove through . Made a nice loop around chi town on way back bringing me into Rockford to avoid all the construction in Milwaukee ,Racine, and northern Chi town . That saved a lot of time for drive home .
vettesherps likes this.

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:09 AM
Crazy Northerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail32 View Post
1250 miles in 18 hours .
Got home at 10:45 pm
Crazy weather systems I drove through . Made a nice loop around chi town on way back bringing me into Rockford to avoid all the construction in Milwaukee ,Racine, and northern Chi town . That saved a lot of time for drive home .
Glad you made it home safe.

Darksider #1025

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page