GL1800Riders Forums banner

Odd Photo

2K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Michaelscycle 
#1 ·
#17 ·
That was a good movie >:)

#10 ·
A fairly new item

2 years ago the smaller one was rolled out, and last year the two larger models were rolled out, the photo is of all three NUTmobiles there have ever been

We saw the older one at a grocery store in Lake Mills, the first week it was out on the road

The Weinermobiles are a long time promo, going back to the late 30s

There are currently 6 of the current model, with 4 of them in this photo

Recently Oscar closed in Madison, and they removed an old model that was displayed by the Oscar sign at Aberg and Wis 113

The Weiner and nutmobiles will still be based out of Madison at a different home away from the Oscar plant, which is now just a few admin workers left.

#9 ·
My FIL and I went for a ride in one of those many years ago. He worked for the state and wrote the first manual for Drivers Ed. They had a photo shoot promoting it and my wife and I were in in Madison for . They ways have one on display at Brat Fest too.

#12 ·
In the Chicago area for offices, reason was Kraft purchased them, and of course lots of duplication of jobs pushing paper were no longer needed.

Missouri for hot dog production

The main reason for the move was Oscar hotdog production was on one of the upper floors, and it was cheaper to build a new building, rather than pay for all the extra handling to move the product up and down the levels, they also got some state tax kickback from their new area

There were 4,000+ Oscar employees in Madison at its peak.

#20 ·
Try explaining that one to your insurance man.

#24 ·
I have been working in Oscar Mayer the last few months with a contractor. We are dismantling equipment. Building huge pallets, and sending pieces to other plants. I work for a sheet metal company that has been in the plant for 30+ years. We call it the "wiener pit." Sad to see it go. We used to work a lot of OT! Made a lot of stainless steel trinkets in that place! Any way. The nut and wiener mobiles are driven by interns of marketing. They are parked there for the"changing of the guard". Last year's interns are done. New ones start soon.I'd assume that's what you saw with flagmen. Security had to have them parked within the fence because every shift they had to go kick people off them. I have a couple other cool picks of the first wiener mobile , that they donated to history society. Also pics of mini Cooper based "lil link". But I can't figure out pics with phone and site....

#25 ·
Email them to me and I will post them for ya :wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.