GL1800Riders Forums banner

Wow

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  ocpd44 
#1 ·
Just weighed my leisure lite trlr empty, it has the front storage compartment and spare tire and it weighed 375 lbs :22yikes:, according to manufactuer trlr weight is 235 lbs not counting the 17 lb front srorage compartment and spare tire (10lbs?). I think their numbers are way off. Anyone ever weigh theirs empty? Mine is the cycle model. Mike

#4 ·
Mine weighs just over that fully loaded . But it's not the cycle model . Also mine is a 2008 . I have installed wider tires , I should weigh it again and empty it first. That number mike seems way high to me.

#5 ·
How did you weigh it exactly? A certified scale that is big enough to weigh it in one shot? How you weigh it will make a difference.

#6 ·
I weighed my advertised 265 lb. Mini Mate at a certified scale house and it weighed 340lbs. I think they all cheat when they advertise. I have bought a couple of big campers before and they both weighed more than the advertised weight.

#7 ·
Wouldn't you need to find a digital scale that weighs it ....and not the old style with the weights that slide across a balance beam until the pointer balances. I made that description sound confusing hope everyone knows WTH I'm trying to describe here.

Allen

#8 ·
How did you weigh it exactly? A certified scale that is big enough to weigh it in one shot? How you weigh it will make a difference.
agree %100 percent .
I am lucky enough to have a scrap recycler next door to work. I weighed bike and camper , than weighed camper, than bike . The math came out . Than I asked her to flip the magic switch to see what it weigh in aluminum cans she laughed and told me to get out in same breath . We are good friends , well was . ;) I was fully loaded for a week with wife camping . Never ever would have thought we could cram 1787 lbs on the entire rig with both of us on bike . No wonder OEM tires delaminate Hu ! :lol:

#21 ·
Never ever would have thought we could cram 1787 lbs on the entire rig with both of us on bike .
And here I thought we were heavy at 1618.
Local recycle place. (You know, the kind that turns your old Christmas trees into mulch.)
Aerodyne's supposed to weigh 180lbs, pretty sure it's heavier than that.
Never weighed it empty or separate. Jus' check the lights, tires, bearings, & tongue weight,
we gone:thumbup:

#9 ·
I weighed my advertised 265 lb. Mini Mate at a certified scale house and it weighed 340lbs. I think they all cheat when they advertise. I have bought a couple of big campers before and they both weighed more than the advertised weight.
Odd , my old camper was a 2010 mini mate and it weighed bare ,with cooler empty 281 with wider tires on than stock. Without canopy or poles btw .

#10 ·
agree %100 percent .
I am lucky enough to have a scrap recycler next door to work. I weighed bike and camper , than weighed camper, than bike . The math came out . Than I asked her to flip the magic switch to see what it weigh in aluminum cans she laughed and told me to get out in same breath . We are good friends , well was . ;) I was fully loaded for a week with wife camping . Never ever would have thought we could cram 1787 lbs on the entire rig with both of us on bike . No wonder OEM tires delaminate Hu ! :lol:
What was the weight of just the camper

#11 ·
Our Kwik Kamp tips the scales at 350# dry/empty. After an 11 day west coast trip of 6,200 miles, it scaled at 600#. (And that is NOT the trip when she bought the pair of bears carved out of tree trunks!) we sacked everything. The bike was carrying another 500# of riders and gear. Not recommended, but doable. You really have to stay on top of it and pay attention every mile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Our Kwik Kamp tips the scales at 350# dry/empty. After an 11 day west coast trip of 6,200 miles, it scaled at 600#. (And that is NOT the trip when she bought the pair of bears carved out of tree trunks!) we sacked everything. The bike was carrying another 500# of riders and gear. Not recommended, but doable. You really have to stay on top of it and pay attention every mile.
Interesting. I just took my 1999 Kwik Kamp to the certified public scale. The weight of 420# empty was a shock. It sure doesn't pull like it. I told my wife to keep the tare weight down to 100 pounds. Empty weight included the awning and empty cooler.

Regards,

#13 ·
Odd , my old camper was a 2010 mini mate and it weighed bare ,with cooler empty 281 with wider tires on than stock. Without canopy or poles btw .
Maybe not so odd. Mine was a little older and remember when a pound of coffee weighed 16 oz. I do think that they lightened them up by putting a little less material in the newer ones. Mine did have the cooler rack on it when I weighed it but that was the only thing extra except the swivel hitch. I did question the weight at the scale house and they began to show me the state certified docs they had.

#14 ·
What was the weight of just the camper
That trip was fully loaded , cooler and all was 387. Max I ever loaded it that was scaled was is 396.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.