2012 audio upgrade help - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 10:39 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
run each of the rear OEM speaker wires to the input of the Amp...then run four speaker wires from the Amp to each of the Polk Audio speakers...

run a wire from the Bikes 5 amp fuse (top left) outlet to the Amp (turn on circuit) to allow the Amp to turn on/off with the key...

run a 8 gauge wire from the battery with a 25 Amp fuse (in line) to the power connect on the Amp

Run a 8 gauge wire from the ground of the Amp... to chassis ground on the bike,and you are done

The only feature that won't work is the speaker control for front to rear...which is no big deal

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDJR View Post
run each of the rear OEM speaker wires to the input of the Amp...then run four speaker wires from the Amp to each of the Polk Audio speakers...

run a wire from the Bikes 5 amp fuse (top left) outlet to the Amp (turn on circuit) to allow the Amp to turn on/off with the key...

run a 8 gauge wire from the battery with a 25 Amp fuse (in line) to the power connect on the Amp

Run a 8 gauge wire from the ground of the Amp... to chassis ground on the bike,and you are done

The only feature that won't work is the speaker control for front to rear...which is no big deal

John
This setup is for older models, without oem amp and what about front speaker. Bikes wih oem amp have a plug (pictured above), where cutting into harness is not requred nor running extra wires.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
not sure if by older models you mean a 2013...if so I have an older model

you will run 4 different sets of speaker wire from the AMP output one set to each of the four speakers...easy

IMO there is NO comparison between with and without the external Amp

I'm sure there are many ways to do this...the way I did it works perfect...

John

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Quote:

John
Your method is for using a 2 channel amp for a 4 speaker setup. Do you use all the speaker outputs for the Arc amp input or just the rears?
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
the Amp only has two inputs for speakers and I just connect my original rear speaker cables into them ...plus RCA type connections (which I don't use)
then on the output terminals I connect both Left front and Left Rear into the left channel and do the same for the right Channel

I know the web site shows two amps...mine is the KS 125.2 BX MINI (2 Channel) I choose the Mini because it is small and does not take up a lot of space

from what I have read by many users (on this site as well as many others) it is a really reliable Amp
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Seasoned Member

What was the reason for choosing 2 channel and not 4? There are plenty small 4 channel amps that fit into trunk well. I'm curious as I'm installing one in my bike.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
the main reason I went with this Amp is a few of the guys on this forum used it in their wings...they had nothing but praise for this Amp and the sound quality
it produced...

My question's for you is:

Will there be a big sound improvement using the 4 channel Amp over the two channel ?

What other advantages are there in using a four channel Amp?

I could have bought another set of Focal Utopia No 7 speakers and the Focal Be21 Sub woofer and a Mosconi Gladen Zero Amp like I have in my car

but would really be a huge waste of money for an open air motorcycle... lets face it...the four Polk speakers are less than $200.00 no matter what Amp
you use can only sound so good
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 10:15 PM
Seasoned Member

where can i get these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigit View Post
It's speaker pods upgrade that fit larger size diameter up to 6.75".Attachment 71438Attachment 71439Attachment 71440
These look really nice, where can these be purchased and what is the cost.
TIA

2012 blue wing airwings transformer boards
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
the main reason I went with this Amp is a few of the guys on this forum used it in their wings...they had nothing but praise for this Amp and the sound quality
it produced...

My question's for you is:

Will there be a big sound improvement using the 4 channel Amp over the two channel ?

What other advantages are there in using a four channel Amp?

I could have bought another set of Focal Utopia No 7 speakers and the Focal Be21 Sub woofer and a Mosconi Gladen Zero Amp like I have in my car

but would really be a huge waste of money for an open air motorcycle... lets face it...the four Polk speakers are less than $200.00 no matter what Amp
you use can only sound so good
Talking about savings, how does a $400 amp meets your objective while there are a number of comparable brands for lass than half of the cost.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwald View Post
These look really nice, where can these be purchased and what is the cost.
TIA
Pm me if intersted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page