Pathfinder LED Fog/Driving Cowl Lights - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 12:45 AM
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dxlnt1
Considering adding these DRL's to my '07. Since now they are available or in production to fit earlier models.

https://www.socalmotogear.com/GL1800...-p/45-1860.htm

Also to add the sequential turn signal.

https://www.socalmotogear.com/HONDA-...ED-p/g18dt.htm

Are there any long term updates, reviews or opinions about these?
If I already have factory fog lights, do I need to use supplied switch?
Do I need to replace/add new flasher?
Does flasher come with either unit?
FLA-ORANGE likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hebrews 10:23-24
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingGrey View Post
I am running regular orange bulbs for the mirror blinkers. Does that mean if I switch to LED mirror blinkers that I will need to add a flasher unit?
My experience when I changed the from the amber lens and incandescent bulbs to the clear lens and the switch back LED bulbs in the mirrors, AND the rear turn signal bulbs still being stock incandescent bulbs, the flash rate was noticeably faster, but not too fast. Given the amount of trouble I was having getting to the flasher, a friend and GL1800 owner who was looking at the flash rate said he would probably live with it. It was faster, but not really that bad. I agree it was livable.

However I knew that I also wanted to change the rear turn signal bulbs to LED bulbs. I already have LED bulbs in the tail/brake light positions. I wanted to complete the LED swap. At this point I assumed the flash rate would be even faster yet, so I continued with the electronic flasher installation and got it done with thanks to TechDude here on the forums.

With regards to adding LED bulbs in the Pathfinder LED fog lights with DRL and TS feature, I agree with bigbird1 the LED bulbs here draw too low current to be a problem as a tech told kb&hb. This is likely not going to be a problem. I was also thinking the flash rate would be OK, IF the stock incandescent bulbs were in the other 4 locations (2 mirror, 2 rear ). -- Of course it it were me, I would then order up LED bulbs for the 4 stock locations. This would reduce the power draw enough there is no way, IMO of course, the additional power draw from the Pathfinder DRL/TS feature would be a problem from a current draw point of view. Then I would have those wire up and made functional. All of this being swapped to LED would have an impact on flash rate and would need an electronic flasher.

2005 GL1800ABS 61,000mi
2003 ZG1000 132,000mi
IBA 28004
Darkside #1707
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Thanks SB.

Please say NO to chrome...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page