Honda Trip Planner - GL1800Riders
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jackjohn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Thumbs down Honda Trip Planner

I have been planning a long trip using the Honda Trip Planner. I plan on riding 15-21 days. Therefore, I have been breaking the ride up by days, creating a route for each day using the trip planner. I input gas stops and motels. My first five days on the trip planner worked fine. Now, after putting in stops for Day 6, when I go to save the trip I get the reply, "Please sign-in to save trip," The problem is that I am already signed in. I know one of you have the answer out there and I am hoping it is not "Put your Zumo 550 on the Wing." LOL. I did like my 550 much better. I am really trying to like this navigation system on the 2012, but it is not user friendly and may end up using google maps with Basecamp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Seasoned Member

I tried several times to create my trips in Honda Trip Planner without success. I don't remember seeing the problem you describe but it was completely confusing and unfriendly to use. I have been using the Harley Davidson trip planner for years and find it very easy to work in and when I make a mistake, I don't have to start over.
Acebradley likes this.

Jack
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Seasoned Member

I also experienced the sign in deal when I could see my name and was already signed in on the Honda trip planner. The limitation of waypoints if taking a long trip is the reason I don't care for the Harley trip planner because I wasn't just going from town to town, I was trying to map routes using road junctions for the turning info and everytime ran out of "waypoints" available. I've asked this question before, but with all the riders on this board that do long rides using the GPS there must be numerous GPS links out there, but it seems most riders don't care to share their GPS routes (GPX links) they have worked up. Understandably with so many starting points you might not be able to use the whole route, but maybe most of the ride route info. So many rides, but if you haven't been there before it would be great using someone's GPX file to put you on great roads instead of roads that are not so impressive. It really is annoying , especially if you're leading a ride, to have to pull over to check an atlas that is stuck in your trunk.

Allen

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Allen, look here for a start. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/ There are other sites that provide GPX files, too. And POIs. Such as POI Factory.

mikakw1, ouch. Good luck.

This is my signature block. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My signature block is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page