Road in the dark this morning for first time in a while now I have a question - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Seasoned Member

Reflections in the windshield would depend on the shield. I doubt my windbender would give off any at all. I ride at night all the time and would change anything that would do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M61A1MECH View Post
So I road to work this morning in the dark and noticed that the four buttons ( SET UP, INFO, TRIP AND DIM) under the LCD display on my 2013 GL audio/comfort were not lit up like the other controls. It has been a good while since I road in the dark and now can not recall if those were ever lit up.

Any help on this?

Oh, for anyone wondering, the button that says DIM, it dims the LCD display, I only ever used it to go to the next screen, who knew?

Thanks

The lights are not backlit. I bought a set of LEDs from EC, but I got screwed because all they do is put bright lights behind the buttons. I will never buy another EC product because of the blatant rip-off. Instead, I built a map light with a circuit that lets me dim to a comfortable brightness. Got some good use out of my 3D printer!

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rej4449 View Post
The lights are not backlit. I bought a set of LEDs from EC, but I got screwed because all they do is put bright lights behind the buttons. I will never buy another EC product because of the blatant rip-off. Instead, I built a map light with a circuit that lets me dim to a comfortable brightness. Got some good use out of my 3D printer!

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That looks interesting. I am looking around for a used speaker shelter that I can experiment with, but so far no luck finding one. When I was building aircraft they used these little post lamps for this sort of thing, but they are expensive from places like Aircraft Spruce, maybe I can hit my local surplus shop.

Steve Kowalcky
Edgewater, FL
Florida Prowler # 46250

The Lord said; "Thou shalt have dominion over all of the animals, except of course the cat."

My therapist's name is Dr. Goldwing, she has the antidote for the blues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page