help tridium foglight/sc switch back led mirror lights - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

help tridium foglight/sc switch back led mirror lights

Hi I have a 2015 f6b. I have installed led flasher and also tried new one and new turn signal switch I have installed sc switch back mirror led turn signals and tridium addon fog lights with turn signal. I am having a problem let say you push the turn signal switch to the left like you are making a left turn the mirror and fog light turn signals come on flash at proper rate.
When you push the turn signal switch button in to cancel signal they cancel but the fog light running light does not come back on unless you push the turn signal switch a little to the right after canceling signal. and does the same thing on the other side when making right turn.
the dealer said when they put in a regular turn signal bulb in mirror everything works as it is suppose to. all wiring is good ect. so do I need a dual load equalizer too. has any body else have this problem.

Last edited by tnitro1; 04-04-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Seasoned Member

My initial long-distance suggestion is it sounds like the turn signal switch contacts are dirty, as evidenced by your moving the switch slightly restores function. Get some good switch cleaner and with the bike off spray into the opening of the switch, moving it back and forth while spraying. Have a rag under the switch cluster to collect the runoff. I've had to do this on mine a few times over the years.

http://www.parts-express.com/caig-de...m_campaign=pla

And no, you do not need a load resistor.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

The switch was replaced I had figured it out I needed to add 100 OMH resistor on turn signal to the Mirror on each side with the led relay also had help Rick at VA

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnitro1 View Post
The switch was replaced I had figured it out I needed to add 100 OMH resistor on turn signal to the Mirror on each side with the led relay also had help Rick at VA
On my Tridium foglights, the daytime running lights blink every time you hit the brakes. Do yours?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page