Deal On A Brand New 13 F6B - GL1800Riders
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Deal On A Brand New 13 F6B

I found a brand new 2013 F6B and have secured a deal on it but haven't signed the paperwork. Can you guys tell me if this is a solid deal?

2013 F6B Standard $13,200 + $250 Doc Fee + $890 Tax = $14,340 out the door. The dealer has me approved through American Honda Finance at 5.99% for either 60 or 72 months. I'm putting down $1,200 and financing $13,000 for a payment of either $251 on 60 months or $215 for 72 months and no prepayment penalty.

I bought a 2013 F6B new in May 2015 for $12,999 but it was classified as a dealer demo unit with a little over 100 miles on it. I'm just wondering if there should be more of a discount today being that the bike would be 2 years older? The dealer told me he's throwing in all incentives and still losing $200 at selling it for this price.

I've regretted selling my prior F6B and ready to buy another especially since it was discontinued. It's sort of sad it didn't sell better and didn't make it.

Thanks for any input as I need to let the dealer know soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Seasoned Member

Sounds like a "great deal" too me!

Ronnie

Captron- Springfield, Massachusetts
I retired at 55 years old- no more boss
more time to motorcycle and complete the "honey do" list..........
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:38 PM

This one is interesting to me. NADA has list price at 19,999 which seems high to me. Retail at 13,860. KBB has the excellent condition price at 13,150. From that standpoint it seems like a good deal. From my own perspective it's new but it's 4 years old so interest in it is low especially since the new ones come with more goodies. If you don't care about the differences between a 2016 and a 2013 then that doesn't matter.

NADA has 2016 f6b standard at 20,499 retail and average retail at 15,695. In my humble opinion there's just not enough cost difference to justify the 2013 at that price since I believe a 2016 would sell for very close to the NADA average retail of 15,695. But that's me. I also won't finance a motorcycle but that's a personal thing. I did once so the dealer could get their kick back but I paid it off immediately. It got me a lower price. If interest rate was something like 2.5% I'd probably do financing because it's almost free money at that point but at 5.99 it's now costing you over 16,300 at either payment option unless you pay off early.

It's a tough call on this one to me. I don't think it's a losing deal but in my opinion is it's a reasonable. The question is, if you pay the price will YOU think it's a good deal and when you ride it will you be smiling. Probably. If it's what I wanted I'd probably be happy with it.

FYI - I have a 2014 GW and am no longer able to live without real cruise control.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I agree that financing is not typically smart when buying a toy. I would most certainly pay it off early to avoid the finance charges. I am thinking the dealers are hitting the bottom at $13k and Honda is probably not providing any additional relief incentives to the dealer. Cruise would be nice, but is it worth paying an additional $2,000 to jump up to a 2015 to get the cruise control? I could live without it at this point in my life. I know I'll be happy with the bike, I'm just trying to convince myself the price is good for a "new" 4 model year old bike.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Seasoned Member

For 2K I would jump to the 2015 with cruise control.... your getting the cruise control for free..... I figure depreciation at 1k per year......and I think you would have a more desirable bike...... especially if it's in the desirable blue metallic shades.

Last edited by Zee Fifty; 01-07-2017 at 03:35 PM.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
I found a brand new 2013 F6B and have secured a deal on it but haven't signed the paperwork. Can you guys tell me if this is a solid deal?

2013 F6B Standard $13,200 + $250 Doc Fee + $890 Tax = $14,340 out the door. The dealer has me approved through American Honda Finance at 5.99% for either 60 or 72 months. I'm putting down $1,200 and financing $13,000 for a payment of either $251 on 60 months or $215 for 72 months and no prepayment penalty.

I bought a 2013 F6B new in May 2015 for $12,999 but it was classified as a dealer demo unit with a little over 100 miles on it. I'm just wondering if there should be more of a discount today being that the bike would be 2 years older? The dealer told me he's throwing in all incentives and still losing $200 at selling it for this price.

I've regretted selling my prior F6B and ready to buy another especially since it was discontinued. It's sort of sad it didn't sell better and didn't make it.

Thanks for any input as I need to let the dealer know soon.
I would negotiate the $250 buck document fee price. Ask for a breakdown of everything that makes up the 250 buck document fee cost.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Seasoned Member

4,400 miles

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Honda-G...m=122302117018

Rob - 08 Pearl White Navi Goldwing

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I agree that financing is not typically smart when buying a toy. I would most certainly pay it off early to avoid the finance charges. I am thinking the dealers are hitting the bottom at $13k and Honda is probably not providing any additional relief incentives to the dealer. Cruise would be nice, but is it worth paying an additional $2,000 to jump up to a 2015 to get the cruise control? I could live without it at this point in my life. I know I'll be happy with the bike, I'm just trying to convince myself the price is good for a "new" 4 model year old bike.
I suspect the resale value of the '13 is tanked, so if you plan on keeping it a long time then that's ok. No reverse or cruise is why there are still '13's in stock. Your choice. Personally, I would opt for a newer one.

Also, the bike is four years old. Tires? Is unit still in crate or serviced and then allowed to be "stored" improperly? I've always been scared of bikes that have sat that long. Just me.
flat6bagger likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]06 Wing with '11 Roadsmith w/ Accuride System & Aux Fuel, Traxxion Ak-20 forks

'07 ST1300
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgoldwing View Post
I suspect the resale value of the '13 is tanked, so if you plan on keeping it a long time then that's ok. No reverse or cruise is why there are still '13's in stock. Your choice. Personally, I would opt for a newer one.

Also, the bike is four years old. Tires? Is unit still in crate or serviced and then allowed to be "stored" improperly? I've always been scared of bikes that have sat that long. Just me.
I agree with this.
Tell them to change the tires, flush the brakes, clutch, new battery and check over everything else.
Sitting for 4 years could very well mean the tires are outdated.
Depending on how it was stored (even though it was still crated) I would have a concern for mice,etc. making nests in various places such as the air inlet ducts.

Doug

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Last edited by flat6bagger; 01-07-2017 at 04:56 PM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

You all certainly brought up some great points that I haven't thought about such as the tires, battery, and fluids. The bike was just taken out of the crate a month ago and I don't believe they have put any fluids in it yet. I'm wondering how many 2015's were produced and how many are left unsold? I'm guessing those bikes will be heavily discounted within the next six months. I doubt they hit the $13k mark or unlikely the $14k mark though given they have cruise and Honda probably decreased production after seeing the 13's and 14's didn't sell well.

I've already asked for the $250 doc fee breakdown and the only legit number I can find is the $18 title fees and $7 temporary tag fee. The rest is BS however they will not waive or discount the $250 doc fee and said they charge it to every customer. I tried to get them to take it off the price of the bike and that was a "no go".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page