New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 30 - GL1800Riders
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #291 of 295 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Seasoned Member

I'm happy that all my old subscribed threads came back...thank you. Nice to have the "go" button back...site still takes a little getting used to but I like it much better now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]But honey,it was only a short three day ride........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse1800 View Post
Same here, iPad, Safari. But Not every time. Click the chevron and the thread loads with the last unread post. As I read multiple posts and scroll down it will jump back to what was the last unread post. Some times it happens within a few seconds of the page first loading. Other times it may be a full minute or more after the page first loaded.

I have also had a thread that every time I clicked the chevron it loaded first post of the thread, even though the thread was multiple pages long. That issue seemed to be unique to that one thread.

Edit: watched the little blue line at the top of Safari as a page loaded. The thread was loaded at the first unread post, but the blue bar stalled out, maybe half-way. If I scrolled the screen view down page, When the page finally "finished" loading the view jumped back to where it first loaded.
The "finished" and then jump, is that the only way this happens?

Kyle
post #293 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl1800r Admin View Post
The "finished" and then jump, is that the only way this happens?

Kyle

Yes, that would be my assumption. There appeared to be some portion of the page that delayed loading, even though the thread was displayed for my reading pleasure.

Ironhorse1800, Hoss
2004 VTX1800N3 Red, Darkside Goodyear Assurance Tripletred 205/60/R16
2008 GL1800 ABS/NAV Red, Darkside #1273
[B]Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 / [COLOR=#000000]Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

post #294 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Garage
Thanks for the clarification. What do you see if anything in the load bar? Any "waiting for.." messages?

Kyle
post #295 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

No sir, just the thin blue line that fills, left to right as a page loads. The thread is on screen and ready to read, just like always. However, the blue line has stalled out part way across the top of the page. When the blue line jumps to the end, the page view refreshes, throwing me back to the section of the page originally loaded.

Ironhorse1800, Hoss
2004 VTX1800N3 Red, Darkside Goodyear Assurance Tripletred 205/60/R16
2008 GL1800 ABS/NAV Red, Darkside #1273
[B]Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 / [COLOR=#000000]Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 412 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page