2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ironhorse1800
  • 1 Post By gl1800r Admin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
CAC
Seasoned Member

Password change?

Way back when, we were prompted to change our passwords. I think, but I'm not totally sure, that I was sent some weird password to use. I was supposed to log back in and change it. Well fast forward a few months I have know idea what my password is and have no idea how to change it. As a result I haven't been visiting the site because I couldn't log in. I opened up my old laptop and apparently it is automatically saved and I can now join in all this fun. How do I change my password to something I can remember and get it back on my phone, new laptop and PC? I got a brand new spoon and need to get back to stirring the POT! TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Bear with me, I'm still the rookie but will try.

Upper right, click User CP.

On the left, under Settings & Options, click Edit Email & Password.

Here is the catch (maybe). Do it from the old computer that has you logged in. Try changing without filling out the OLD password box (since you don't know it!) and see if it works.

Next option is located at the bottom of the page, click Contact Us and send a message to the Admin folks, include your user name and valid email address. They will send you another new password by email. Then, go back and do the reset described above.

And, as fail-safe, before you jack with it, look for a PM from me with a (secret) direct method to get in touch with me. If all else fails, let me know.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gl1800r Admin likes this.

Ironhorse1800, Hoss
2004 VTX1800N3 Red, Darkside Goodyear Assurance Tripletred 205/60/R16
2008 GL1800 ABS/NAV Red, Darkside #1273
[B]Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 / [COLOR=#000000]Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Garage
if for any reason it's not working for you, you can send an email here: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/sendmessage.php

or if you're logged in here, send a PM to an admin and have them manually change it for you and update the email address.

Lee
CAC likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page