For sale section - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse1800 View Post
Would just one sub-sub-forum for "bikes only"be enough?
Any thoughts on this? What about Sheena's idea of prefixes? There must be some middle ground we can all come to - just need to be open to ideas and alternate solutions

Thanks for your input,
Natalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Seasoned Member

Please keep all for sale items in a single forum

I used to think it would be a good idea to separate out the special things like tires and oil from the main forum, but then after that actually happened, I was sorry it did because now posts in those categories receive far less attention than they used to.

I have no objection to using prefixes, but it is somewhat hard to maintain consistency.

Terry

DS# 1595
2009 Mesquite Brown GL1800 Airbag
2008 Pearl Alpine White GL1800 Airbag
1980 Suzuki GS850G
1972 Suzuki GT750
1973 Honda CB350
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl1800r Admin View Post
Any thoughts on this? What about Sheena's idea of prefixes? There must be some middle ground we can all come to - just need to be open to ideas and alternate solutions

Thanks for your input,
Natalie

I don't see the need for different sub groups on the for sale Forum.

I do see a need for the ability of original poster/ thread starter to be able to make an edit saying "SOLD" right in the thread subject line. I just sold a Kompact Kamp trailer and could not label it sold. I had to go to the very end of all the posts and make a final post saying sold. Well what if someone is looking for a certain Goldwing or accessory and they have to scroll through 3-4 pages of a good discussion only to see in the last post that it might have been sold days or weeks ago. Yes, I do know about the "last post icon" but sometimes one might want to read all the posts....and that would just be wasted time when they get to the end and see it was sold already.

Allen

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor
Bridgestone BT45

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 01:44 PM
motorcycle cowboy

Garage
Quote:

Thanks for your input,
Natalie

Copied and pasted from the VerticalScope website, the owner of this forum:

Our History
VerticalScope is a privately held corporation headquartered in Toronto, Canada. We specialize in the acquisition and development of websites and online communities for the Automotive, Powersports, Power Equipment, Pets, Sports and Technology vertical markets.

VerticalScope is an integrated multi-platform media company. Our social networks and websites are vertically integrated roll-ups in high-consumer spending verticals. The resultant audience aggregation places many of our verticals within the Top 5 of ComScore Media Metrix for their respective category.

We leverage our deep in-house expertise in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Internet marketing, and traffic acquisition to build highly targeted, successful online communities and websites. Our arsenal of tools includes a significant portfolio of irreplaceable, generic domain names we have acquired over the past decade. These domains drive organic type-in traffic to our web properties resulting in hundreds of thousands of enthusiasts arriving at our network every month by means of direct navigation.

Through targeted acquisitions and development, VerticalScope has built a portfolio of more than 600+ websites with more than 25 million aggregate pages of content and more than 84 Million unique visitors per month - and growing.

And you can't figure out to add four sub categories for the classified section?

An Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

GL1800...that's how I roll!

Tennessee Traveler #107
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Seasoned Member

I just input all that gabble into my decoder ring it it reduced it down to......

VerticalScope collects data from people and provides a platform for advertisers and sells or rents it for profit.

Last edited by Zee Fifty; 04-11-2017 at 02:25 PM.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Garage
As mentioned previously, the mods are the ones who run the site on a regular basis. Yes, VS owns the site but the mods are blood that keep the forums pumping. If there is a large number of the community that feels that having sub sections would really make a big difference, you can state your case to them as we've already discussed it with them and they've chimed in on this thread as well. There are a number of members who have expressed their opinions stating that they feel that it won't make that much of a difference, that using the search function will work just as well to finding what it is you seek.

To those strongly for adding sub sections (seeing that is not likely to happen), what do you think of the prefixes? It's an alternative that could help alleviate your searching efforts.

What do you guys think of this?

Thanks for your time,
Natalie

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 PM
motorcycle cowboy

Garage
Quote:
As mentioned previously, the mods are the ones who run the site on a regular basis. Yes, VS owns the site but the mods are blood that keep the forums pumping. If there is a large number of the community that feels that having sub sections would really make a big difference, you can state your case to them as we've already discussed it with them and they've chimed in on this thread as well. There are a number of members who have expressed their opinions stating that they feel that it won't make that much of a difference, that using the search function will work just as well to finding what it is you seek.

To those strongly for adding sub sections (seeing that is not likely to happen), what do you think of the prefixes? It's an alternative that could help alleviate your searching efforts.

What do you guys think of this?

Thanks for your time,
Natalie
I think it's a poor resolution. If the sub categories are added, folks will really be pleased. They just don't know it yet. The search function is only as good as the terms used when listing goods for sale.

An Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

GL1800...that's how I roll!

Tennessee Traveler #107
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:12 AM
Seasoned Member

How about at least allowing the original poster and a moderator to edit or tag a thread title with SOLD.

Example: "SOLD 2013 level 3 goldwing....blah blah blah"

Gives folks looking for something a hint to not waist time plowing for info if they are looking.

Last edited by Zee Fifty; 04-12-2017 at 11:00 AM.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Fifty View Post
How about at least allowing the both the original poster and a moderator to edit or tag a thread title with SOLD.

Example: "SOLD 2013 level 3 goldwing....blah blah blah"

Gives folks looking for something a hint to not waist there time plowing for info if they are looking.

Moderators can edit an older post. If the seller asks, either by PM or "Reporting" the original post with a request, we will modify the thread title.

Rights to edit the opening post include the ability to delete. In the past a seller could delete the opening post and the entire thread disappeared, leaving the purchaser with no way to dispute the quality of the yet to be received item(s).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironhorse1800, Hoss
2004 VTX1800N3 Red, Darkside Goodyear Assurance Tripletred 205/60/R16
2008 GL1800 ABS/NAV Red, Darkside #1273
[B]Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 / [COLOR=#000000]Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey guys,

Marking those threads as Sold would fall into that prefix suggestion I originally made. Sadly if the mods are not pro the idea of breaking down that Classified section this is something that we will not implement.

~Sheena

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page