GL1800Riders Forums banner

HD in the snow?

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Wing One 
#1 ·
So I posted this on another site, I was coming home and this was at the Ridge Gate exit. :roll::wrong::fullsize: Must have been a very scary ride:22yikes: I have heard that HD are all weather bikes.
Road Vehicle Mode of transport Road trip Transport

See less See more
#8 ·
No ill words for those two but as a person who attempts to ride all year we all know we must watch the weather close or have other ways of getting home. This storm was called a week before it arrived. Please keep the tips coming for riding in that kind of condition. I hope I never need them but I am listening. I will say I practice many riding skills but never would attempt this one.

#9 ·
So I posted this on another site, I was coming home and this was at the Ridge Gate exit. :roll::wrong::fullsize: Must have been a very scary ride:22yikes: I have heard that HD are all weather bikes.
View attachment 33265
On closer inspection, that bike with the trunk and bags looks more like a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. The rounded edges of the trunk and bags are the clue.

#11 ·
His biggest error was trying to ride in that weather with that skinny little moto sneaker. A Winter alternative tire would've got him home. ;)

Notice the back end broke loose when he tried to give it gas to go uphill. Of course , his throttle input may have been less than smooth.

#12 ·
His biggest error was trying to ride in that weather with that skinny little moto sneaker. A Winter alternative tire would've got him home. ;)

Notice the back end broke loose when he tried to give it gas to go uphill. Of course , his throttle input may have been less than smooth.
Paul, that looks like the track of a car tire, don't think he would of made it as far as he did with a motorcycle tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.