GL1800Riders Forums banner

Priced out a 2013 Airbag from Coyote Honda

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  kwthom 
#1 ·
Quoted a base price of 26,900.00 plus tax , lic , ect for the 2013 airbag in red colour , $29,770.00 OTD

I will need to save up a few more Sheckles before the purchase happens. Found another airbag bike .... local, a 2009 model , low miles may look at that bike.

#3 ·
Search the web. Seen the air bag model for a little over $5000 off!

Thanks for the comment.. I am searching the net. Southern Honda had a deal on a 2012 airbag 1800, that deal ended sunday. I may call them anyway.

When I bought my 2008 bike new at Coyote Honda in Avondale AZ I checked around the country.. After all was said and done, a fly in to Southern and ride the bike home, I was saving about 300 dollars. I bought local to help the local guys stay in business. Coyote Honda has moved to a smaller building since I bought my 2008 bike from them in mid 2007, not sure why

#6 ·
Thanks for the comment.. I am searching the net. Southern Honda had a deal on a 2012 airbag 1800, that deal ended sunday. I may call them anyway.

When I bought my 2008 bike new at Coyote Honda in Avondale AZ I checked around the country.. After all was said and done, a fly in to Southern and ride the bike home, I was saving about 300 dollars. I bought local to help the local guys stay in business. Coyote Honda has moved to a smaller building since I bought my 2008 bike from them in mid 2007, not sure why
Tony if you will fly me back i will ride your new bike from Southern Honda out to you :thumbup::thumbup:

#10 ·
You should be able to find a price (base) for a level 4 Gw at 23500 to start! anything more and It's to F**king High!

#11 ·
You should be able to find a price (base) for a level 4 Gw at 23500 to start! anything more and It's to F**king High!
I've not found a 2013 or a 2012 at that low of a base price. Im not a fan of the two tone color on the 2012.. which is a reason I wanted a red 2013 air bag bike. I will give the 2012 bikes another look towards the end of the month. Dealers seem to deal better at the end of the month

Airbag model is firm in my mind after hitting the Suburban in the drivers door in january. I was looking for an airbag bike when I found the good deal on the base level 2010 bike I bought used in 2011. Bad decision I guess.

#14 ·
Hello to all! The reason Coyote Honda moved is to get closer to I-10. They are now on the frontage road with all the car dealers which gives them more exposure. At least that's what Chris, the manager told me a few months back. I like them. My friend Chuck has flown in from Alaska and bought two Goldwing's from them and had one converted to a trike. I got our wing from them as well. They are a little harder to find now as the building is set back but they are at the western end of the new car dealer drive.

#15 ·
Hello to all! The reason Coyote Honda moved is to get closer to I-10. They are now on the frontage road with all the car dealers which gives them more exposure. At least that's what Chris, the manager told me a few months back. I like them. My friend Chuck has flown in from Alaska and bought two Goldwing's from them and had one converted to a trike. I got our wing from them as well. They are a little harder to find now as the building is set back but they are at the western end of the new car dealer drive.
Also doubled the size of their service area and now have plenty of space available for drill team competitions out back. Just held an event for several motor officer departments to compete prior to the big event in Tucson. Believe that the officers from Prescott won the competition but also had teams from Tucson and Casa Grande in town for the two day event.

#16 ·
Mother Honda has struck again! Apparently in a move to bolster higher prices for the Wing and other Honda's, dealers are no longer allowed to show their selling prices in ads anymore!:
Honda requires us to get on a personal 1on1 basis with a customer before a price is given that is lower than their approved advertised price. We are working on new ways to be able to get our prices out to customers with minimal effort, such as on line chat window, text for prices, or enter a minimal amount of information such as name and email on the website to see the price, and of course a standard email or phone call.
Just talked w/a place I quote often because of their low prices and was told this.
Everyone needs to message their displeasure w/this restriction to Honda.
For the OP:
2013 Airbag Wing $25,899
2012 air bags are out of stock
2012 w/ABS $22,499
I'll PM you the Dealer's name

#17 ·
Thanks for the PM .... as I mentioned in my return PM to you, I was told about 2 weeks ago by a fellow that is "connected" with bike dealers in Texas and Aridzona the cost of a 2013 airbag bike to the dealer was $26,160 , plus freight.

The comment on Honda's new pricing rules, would explain why I see so many web sites now with MSRP quoted on new models.. Well , it is still a numbers game. You like the numbers quoted or not. You purchase or not

#18 ·
<...>The comment on Honda's new pricing rules, would explain why I see so many web sites now with MSRP quoted on new models.. Well , it is still a numbers game. You like the numbers quoted or not. You purchase or not
I don't get it.

Six years ago, when I was looking, I couldn't find anyone that'd give me a price on the phone; had to be there in person.

I did a little Internet sleuthing at the time to see the markup on the Wing was in the single-digit range, due to dealer hold-backs and such.

Looks like the price has risen about $1k per year since I bought my '06 in March of '07, where it was the last of the '06's ABS models they had in stock.

Luck to ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.