GL1800Riders Forums banner

Iron springs Road

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  azjerry 
#1 ·
We took a ride a few days ago up through Skull Valley to Prescott on Iron springs Road. I knew there would be construction but I didn't know they were tearing up so much of the pavement at one time. I went there several months ago and the torn up distance was much less. Many miles of no pavement and those typical AZ rocks all over the place. I got a cut in my rear tire, which was near the end of its useful life anyway, and started losing air about the time I hit pavement. Noticed the bike getting squirrely, then checked the Doran and watched as the air went down. There was no shoulder at all in the area, and with my wife following on her Spyder, I didn't want to leave her trying to pull over on the roadway behind me. I drove at least a mile showing zero air pressure on the rear (Bridgestone) until I got to the parking area for one of the trailheads. I was really surprised how easy it was to ride with no air in the rear. Not nearly as unstable as I would have thought. Not something I want to do again but at least I know it can be done, at least for a short distance.

Anyway, I won't be on Iron Springs Road anytime soon, I think the construction is through August or Sept. of this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.