GL1800Riders Forums banner

89 Northbound into Prescott

850 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  oldguy 
#1 ·
Just a word of warning; recent addition of tar strip repairs in the three passing zones heading into Prescott. Road over them today as the temperatures were in the 80's and you definitely felt them...keep your head and eyes up and look through the curve vs. focusing on the pavement. Unfortunately the passing zones include/are in curves so be careful. Other than those three areas the road is perfect.

#3 ·
Just did the 89 south of Prescott both ways on Saturday the 25th. This is not a place to be pushing it. The afternoon sun made the tar snakes soft as butter with both front and rear slippage. We were 2 up and I am not an aggressive rider and I had been expecting them after reading your post, thanks for the heads up.

#4 ·
Just did the 89 south of Prescott both ways on Saturday the 25th. This is not a place to be pushing it. The afternoon sun made the tar snakes soft as butter with both front and rear slippage. We were 2 up and I am not an aggressive rider and I had been expecting them after reading your post, thanks for the heads up.
If a post helps just one rider it's a success. I have ridden that section twice since the original post and while they have "calmed" considerably since, they are still annoying.

#5 ·
I rode that stretch yesterday, heading up to Ft Tuttle. The snakes are still very slippery. Thought I could navigate around them but there are too many.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Just thought I would revisit this thread. While I find them slippery I do not change my riding style much. I have a ct that probably helps a bit but I find that there is very little problem if you just try to ignore the little slips and ride through them. I find you only have a problem if you take off power or get nervous and start using the brakes too much. However everyone should do what makes them happy

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.