GL1800Riders Forums banner

Casa Grande to Sierra Vista

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  robw 
#1 ·
I was on Google maps looking for a little different route to go from Casa Grande to Sierra Vista. South of Casa Grande is Indn Route 15. It looks paved all the way to 86. Is anyone familiar with this road?

#2 ·
Yeah, it's paved...

Last time out that way for me has been about four years ago. There's a Border Patrol checkpoint for northbound traffic about 20 miles or so south of the junction between Battaglia Dr & Chuichu Rd (where Indian 15 begins). I think they move it, but not too sure.

Do NOT exceed the speed limit out there...it's desolate...but cops do use radar out there and will cite you in a heartbeat!

Turn @ Tucson-Ajo Hwy west; go to Sasabe Rd (AZ-286), head south until you get to Arivaca-Sasabe Rd, head east to I-19 at Amado.

Get off I-19 @ Rio Rico, head east on Pendelton Dr, turn onto Ruby Rd, then jog over to S. River Rd, that'll take you around Nogales, and will drop you onto the Patagonia Hwy.

That'll get you started...I call part of that route my "Tour of Baja Arizona!"

Enjoy!

#3 ·
Yeah, it's paved...

Last time out that way for me has been about four years ago. There's a Border Patrol checkpoint for northbound traffic about 20 miles or so south of the junction between Battaglia Dr & Chuichu Rd (where Indian 15 begins). I think they move it, but not too sure.

Do NOT exceed the speed limit out there...it's desolate...but cops do use radar out there and will cite you in a heartbeat!

Turn @ Tucson-Ajo Hwy west; go to Sasabe Rd (AZ-286), head south until you get to Arivaca-Sasabe Rd, head east to I-19 at Amado.

Get off I-19 @ Rio Rico, head east on Pendelton Dr, turn onto Ruby Rd, then jog over to S. River Rd, that'll take you around Nogales, and will drop you onto the Patagonia Hwy.

That'll get you started...I call part of that route my "Tour of Baja Arizona!"

Enjoy!
:agree:

#5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll be giving it a shot Sunday morning.

#6 ·
One small error...in my directions above, I had written "west", obviously incorrect, and should be east. Oops.

It should read:

"Turn @ Tucson-Ajo Hwy east; go to Sasabe Rd (AZ-286), head south until you get to Arivaca-Sasabe Rd, head east to I-19 at Amado."

#8 ·
It was a nice trip. the road was in good shape. I hardly met any traffic. I wasn't in a hurry so I set the cruise at 60 and just tooled along listening to oldies. It wasn't anything special, just a nice way to get from here to there without any hassles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.