GL1800Riders Forums banner

Darkside install in the Phoenix area.

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Handley 
#1 ·
I had a flat on the way home tonight , I picked up a good sized nail. I keep a plug kit with me so I limped down the 10 to the nearest service station and plugged it up and finished the ride home. The tire has 10k on it so I'd rather just get a new one than mess with this one anymore.

I want to try a Darkside tire and see what thats all about. Does anybody have a good shop that will install a darkside? Maybe D&D will? Any info would be great thank you.

#4 ·
Darkside

Nice to see you made it home on the tire. One of the other posts said they had a Alpin you could try. That was a nice offer. I run a Alpin run flat and I really like it. Good luck And WELCOME to the Darkside. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

#5 ·
<...> Go to the local LLantas and they will install, then you can take to D&D to get balanced. Have an Alpine on a rim if you want to try it.
"llantera" is the term...tire shop.

If you go to one of these places, you'll be carrying in the rim and the tire. Be sure they have lots of those nice, shiny chrome rim$ as well; it's that machine that you want them to use to remove & install your tire.

Used a place like that for the first two times...

The last two, I've been fortunate enough to use the local neighborhood Discount Tire store. 20 minutes and $10 later, done!

The last time, I even had them remove the OEM tire stem & replace it with a Patchboy stem I had in the toolbox.

#6 ·
My local Discount Tire installed my last Kumho too. I Ordered the tire from them and when it came in I took the wheel in and all was done in about 10 - 15 min. Tire mount was $10. I use Centramatics so no balance was needed.

#9 ·
Probably a few days late, but for future reference this is where I had mine done at...No ???????'s asked, and I even told them what it was for up front...
Southwest Motorsports 14190 W. Van Buren Goodyear, AZ (623) 932-3220...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.