US 60 between Globe Superior [Archive] - GL1800Riders

: US 60 between Globe Superior

azjerry
01-09-2009, 10:21 AM
If you are planning a ride in that direction, beware of long delays. There is road construction right near Top of the World. The signs advise of 30 minutes delay for blasting but yesterday we were stuck in traffic much longer than that. I was on a ride with some friends that went up 87 to 188, past Roosevelt lake then down through Globe when we got stuck in traffic just west of Globe. One other rider and I decided to turn around and go back the way we came. It added 80 miles to the overall trip but it was a great ride with no traffic (until I hit the valley at evening rush hour.)

So beware of that and I think there is construction on the road around Kearney or Winkleman also, with long delays.

Arizona Trike Rider
01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the warning.

kwthom
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
AZ-77 around Christmas, I think...

harvey2duke
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
If you are planning a ride in that direction, beware of long delays. There is road construction right near Top of the World. The signs advise of 30 minutes delay for blasting but yesterday we were stuck in traffic much longer than that. I was on a ride with some friends that went up 87 to 188, past Roosevelt lake then down through Globe when we got stuck in traffic just west of Globe. One other rider and I decided to turn around and go back the way we came. It added 80 miles to the overall trip but it was a great ride with no traffic (until I hit the valley at evening rush hour.)

So beware of that and I think there is construction on the road around Kearney or Winkleman also, with long delays.

i did that circle a few weeks ago, they were sealing the roads then, so now their blasting? its still a good ride. lately we've been doing the canyon lake ride then hiking up gorge trail by the first single lane bridge. I think we're going to do the trip / hike again next friday.

Tawni
01-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Thanks

Next time near Roosevelt Lake make a breakfast or lunch stop at MA's Kitchen

You will not go hungry for a cheap meal.

I am so surprised I have never met anyone who has ever gone to that place yet, and I go to Roosevelt alot.

It is sort of a hidden treasure and well off the beaten path.

oldguy
01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Ok so where is Ma's kitchen. Roosevelt area encompasses quite a bit

kwthom
01-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Ok so where is Ma's kitchen. Roosevelt area encompasses quite a bitMa's Kitchen at Roosevelt Lake Estates; I couldn't pin it down any closer than this...I tried tracing this through Gila Co. Health Department, couldn't find the name. This is where Roosevelt Lake Estates seems to be located:

Google Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Roosevelt+Lake+Estates,+Arizona&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&ll=33.611188,-110.987148&spn=0.170696,0.32547&z=12)