GL1800Riders Forums banner

Happy to see GW's on the Road Today

892 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  biglefti 
#1 ·
Rode 490 miles from Goodyear to Pinetop, Az and back via Salt River Canyon today. Was glad to see a lot of bikes out on the roads including more GW's than usual...any posters out there on that route today? Just curious.

#2 ·
I am new to GWs, just bought my F6B a month ago. I usually ride the Superior, Globe, Kearny loop. Was suprised to see mostly HDs on my last couple of trips... When I had my HD, I always ran into GWs!!! I'd love to get up north, but I have no time...

#5 ·
I did 620 round trip miles yesterday in Western Maryland, W.Va. and western Pa. to eat a delicious broasted fried-chicken dinner at the Breezy Heights Tavern. Ran into all types of road issues, but returned home at exactly midnight.

Saw more Goldwings than Harley dressers out on the road... a first for sure! :yes:

#6 ·
I rode my couch yesterday. Today I'm venturing out as far as Joe's BBQ and then back to my couch.
I was in a box playing video games...let's see how many things can go wrong between KHPN and KJFK. At least in my seat it was cool, can't say the same for the two front ones :).

#8 ·
I was in a box playing video games...let's see how many things can go wrong between KHPN and KJFK. At least in my seat it was cool, can't say the same for the two front ones :).
Send 'em over to NY22 and see how they do!

I did get 2 flights yesterday....one to Prescott and one to Scottsdale. 100+ degrees = lousy performance!

#9 ·
I rode up to Prescott on Saturday, spent the night, then rode back down on Sunday. I found three new places for me to eat at and all were very good. A mexican place called Azteca in Prescott Valley, excellant and reasonable. A brand new diner on the south side of 89 just as you are coming into Prescott from out Wickenburg way just past the gas station that is on the north side of 89. It is kind of a blue color and looks to be a brand new building. It took a while to get the food, but it was very good. Cute waitresses too. Then on the way back I ate at the Ranch House in Yarnell for my first time. I have always heard that it was good, and it was. While in Prescott area, I rode the paved portion of Senator Hwy, and a bunch of residential roads up in the hills. There's a lot of money in them thar hills! It was nice to have a couple of days out of this damn heat, plus I got to enjoy the new tar snakes up near the top of 89. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.