GL1800Riders Forums banner

Hot in Phoenix this weekend

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  m45mcdan 
#1 ·
The forecast is for 118* to 120* in Phoenix Friday & Saturday. Who will be riding around town?

#3 ·
my daughter and i took a 2 hour breakfast ride this moring. looks to be the last nice weather morning for awhile.

#4 ·
I'll be riding between the A/C inside and the pool outside. I was here when it was 122 and rode then. I'm a lot older and smarter now.

#5 ·
Got a PGR welcome home Sat at 5PM. Probably leave the house @ 4PM. Will definitely be wearing my cool vest..:eek:4:

#7 ·
I just got back from Durango today....50's in the morning and 80's during the day. The only downside was that the fires closed some of the roads I planned to ride.
Anything going on over by Pagosa Springs? We have a place there.

#8 ·
Nearly finished unpacking our boxes and minor home improvements in our new digs (Gallatin MO), so tomorrow will be the first opportunity I'll have to experience summer riding conditions in the Midwest. The warmest AZ weather I've ridden is around 115*. Stupid me for not checking the forecast before heading out (from Payson to the Valley) and ensuring I could have ridden in comfort. Although I don't miss Arizona summer riding, I will miss it this winter.

Regardless, headed to Iowa tomorrow and the temps should be in my favor, especially on my return trip (70's).

- David

#10 ·
Now I feel much better about riding in the Central Valley of CA this weekend as our temps will be 110-112 deg for the weekend but we do have a 7-10 day string of 105+. Oh well after living here 45 yrs. its not like I haven't seen and ridden in this weather before.

#11 ·
Anything going on over by Pagosa Springs? We have a place there.
Just got back yesterday.....Rt 160 was closed so we didn't go through Pagosa Springs. We headed south on 151 through Navajo State Park, to Ignacio and back through Durango. I did stop by the airport and there were 2 P2 airtankers, one Air Force C130, a Skycrane and a Chinook on the ramp. We could see the fire out to the east (looked like a volcanic eruption!). The firefighting aircraft appeared to be staging or shuttling back and forth between the fire and Durango Airtanker Base.

#12 ·
Went to breakfast this morning and the temperature on Sun Valley Parkway was 106 at 10:00.
Time to hit the pool!

#13 ·
Just got back yesterday.....Rt 160 was closed so we didn't go through Pagosa Springs. We headed south on 151 through Navajo State Park, to Ignacio and back through Durango. I did stop by the airport and there were 2 P2 airtankers, one Air Force C130, a Skycrane and a Chinook on the ramp. We could see the fire out to the east (looked like a volcanic eruption!). The firefighting aircraft appeared to be staging or shuttling back and forth between the fire and Durango Airtanker Base.
Was 160 closed at Chimney Rock so you couldn't even get to Pagosa? I thought the fire was on the east side of Wolf Creek over by South fork. Thx Rick

#14 ·
I will be riding on Sunday but planning on leaving earlier...sunrise vs 7 or 8. Still intend in getting in a few hundred miles staying close to the valley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.