GL1800Riders Forums banner

Yarnell Peeples Valley ride

736 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  azjerry 
#1 ·
I took a ride up through Yarnell and Peeple's Valley this morning. Very sad to see the fire damage. The road into Yarnell from the west is coned off on both sides, no stopping allowed along the shoulder. I guess they don't want people stopping to take pictures, etc. A lot of the streets into Glen Ilah and other neighborhoods are restricted to residents only. The Ranch House was open but I didn't stop in. Really a heavy smell of burned material still lingering in the air. The mountains behind Peeple's Valley are almost all black from fire. Quite sad to see. My first ride up that way was in 1979 and it has always been a favorite.

#4 ·
Plan on riding thru there this weekend, glad to hear it's open, sad to hear about the devastation. Peoples Valley is absolutely one of my favorite places in Arizona...not sure why, just a great vibe every time I ride though.

#8 ·
Not real sure where that is. I didn't see it from the road, I think it is back in the forest a little farther or into the neighborhoods.

We are going to go up there Sat. morning to the Ranch House (in the car, the wife doesn't like riding this time of year) and I'll ask them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.