GL1800Riders Forums banner

Refilling the actuator... Arizona edition

744 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rocket1lf 
#1 ·
anybody willing to work for food in Arizona?

Like the OP in the thread from Kansas, my actuator needs filling, and I'm more than a little mechanically disinclined-- if I try to do the job myself, I guarantee I end up with pieces left over. Yes, I'm that bad at mechanical stuff. No, I'm not proud of it, I just know my limitations.

If somebody in the Phoenix area who's done it before is willing to walk me through it (which might well mean that you do it, while I pass the beer and hand you the wrong tools), drop me a PM. It's always good to make a new friend, and when we're done, breakfast/lunch/or dinner is on me-- I live four miles from the Florence Junction turnoff to Globe, so we can even go up the hill and eat somewhere cool!

Thanks!

Denny
2003 GL1800A

See less See more
#2 ·
I've never done it myself or I would offer to help. Rode up to Globe for bkfst about a month ago and had temps in the low 50's past Superior and Top Of The World. I'm sure you will get help from our members here.

#3 ·
Stu Oltman with the GWRRA does them and puts a new line on also. If you need someone to take it out, D&D in Tempe will remove it and get it to Stu.

#4 ·
If I don't get it done before, I'll have D&D take it off and send it to Stu next time I take the bike there for something else. Not worth making a special trip--with temps the way they are, I dread any trip that makes me go westbound from my place, especially if it has to be done during business hours. Living at the edge of the valley does have one advantage-- when I go east, I'm going up and getting cooler from the time I leave the driveway!

#5 ·
If I don't get it done before, I'll have D&D take it off and send it to Stu next time I take the bike there for something else. Not worth making a special trip--with temps the way they are, I dread any trip that makes me go westbound from my place, especially if it has to be done during business hours. Living at the edge of the valley does have one advantage-- when I go east, I'm going up and getting cooler from the time I leave the driveway!
If you can remove it, Stu has units he can swap out. At least he did when he did mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.