GL1800Riders Forums banner

Payson AZ

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  m45mcdan 
#1 ·
I've been thru Payson recently. Have not stopped there to eat in a long time

A good basic restuarant to eat at? Lunch, late lunch. No fast food please

#3 ·
OK, Thanks for suggestions.

We own land in the Show Low area , so we usually travel thru Superior - Globe , then up thru the Salt River Canyon.. Time for a few changes I guess. Slow down a bit :shock:

#4 ·
Beeline, Knotty Pine Cafe, Crosswinds restaurant at the airport, or there is a Chili's in town. La Sierra is a pretty good mexican joint. The Pizza Factory on 260 is decent too. If you go through Star Valley, watch the photo radar at BOTH ends of town.

#5 ·
Beeline, Knotty Pine Cafe, Crosswinds restaurant at the airport, or there is a Chili's in town. La Sierra is a pretty good mexican joint. The Pizza Factory on 260 is decent too. If you go through Star Valley, watch the photo radar at BOTH ends of town.
And they have multiple units on each side.

To me, the airport restaurant at the Prescott airport is better then the one at the Payson airport. Sedona is OK, but pricey.

#7 ·
If you haven't been to Macky's next to the movie theatre, you're definitely missing out. Locally owned and operated, a true, hidden gem.

Tiny's on Hwy 260 just east of Safeway is a family restaurant with HUGE portions with teeny prices. Good stuff.

Alberto's (across from Wendy's, mid-town) is a really good Mexican food eatery. The owner's have a couple more restaurants in AZ and CA.

While in Christopher Creek, always stop in at Creekside Steakhouse. Their salad dressings are homemade and their cobbler is numbingly addictive.

The other restaurants are pretty good, thought I'd toss in these as well, as most may not have had the opportunity in trying them out.

Chema's is kind of hard to find, but it is across the street from Wendy's sitting behind the ERA Realty office. You want some REALLY good Mexican food, go there! You will always find either a fire department or police vehicle out front during the lunch hours. Not very big, but the tastes make up for the lack of sitting space.

I miss Rim Country!

- David

#9 ·
If you haven't been to Macky's next to the movie theatre, you're definitely missing out. Locally owned and operated, a true, hidden gem.

Tiny's on Hwy 260 just east of Safeway is a family restaurant with HUGE portions with teeny prices. Good stuff.

Alberto's (across from Wendy's, mid-town) is a really good Mexican food eatery. The owner's have a couple more restaurants in AZ and CA.

While in Christopher Creek, always stop in at Creekside Steakhouse. Their salad dressings are homemade and their cobbler is numbingly addictive.

The other restaurants are pretty good, thought I'd toss in these as well, as most may not have had the opportunity in trying them out.

Chema's is kind of hard to find, but it is across the street from Wendy's sitting behind the ERA Realty office. You want some REALLY good Mexican food, go there! You will always find either a fire department or police vehicle out front during the lunch hours. Not very big, but the tastes make up for the lack of sitting space.

I miss Rim Country!

- David
Thanks for the "local" knowledge. We will definitely make it a priority to check them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.