GL1800Riders Forums banner

Lots of performance awards on Yarnell hill and a few on Hwy 60 between Wickenburg and

874 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  biglefti 
#1 ·
I decided to take a little break and ride up to Yarnell since I have worked 31 days straight since I returned from my trip to Logan, UT. I wanted to check out the fire damage. Other than a few charred trees on the west side of the south end of the town, you wouldn't even know there had been a fire. I rode off of the highway toward the west and there you can see where several building were lost. On the way up Yarnell hill, there was a Officer that had about 5 or 6 bikes pulled over and presenting performance awards. I was doing 18 over at the time, but must have dumped it before he could get a good fix on me as he signaled me past. Coming back from Wickenberg, I'm doing 82 in a 65 and just as the DPS comes into view, this guy in a new Nissan Quest passes me. Saved by the Bell!

#4 ·
I was up there saturday (21st) , on the way up the hill, I fooled the DPS and was at posted speed limit. I thought is was ODD the DPS cars were facing on coming traffic. That is something I had not seen on the Yarnell Hill. Very light traffic when I was going up, around 10:30am

#5 ·
Rode up early this morning before they (crotch rockets and cops) were out. Good news is that 89 has been repaved the last 7 miles into Prescott both lanes. That takes care of the tar snakes that they slopped down twice this year. A couple more weeks and it'll be as smooth as a baby's butt (wasn't all that bad today either) :lol:. Now if they would repair the remaining part of the road from the National Forest line into town. Then again, as long as 89 is smooth I'm a happy rider!

#6 ·
I was up there saturday (21st) , on the way up the hill, I fooled the DPS and was at posted speed limit. I thought is was ODD the DPS cars were facing on coming traffic. That is something I had not seen on the Yarnell Hill. Very light traffic when I was going up, around 10:30am

The DPS was facing oncoming traffic today also. There were a lot of bikes on the road today. I only rode 180 miles, but I saw at least that many bikes. Perfect weather today, I saw a high of 82 and a low of 66.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.