GL1800Riders Forums banner

Az tags

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  RonK 
#1 ·
Just got my renewal notice today and was shocked, yes as I have read no emmis for bikes but Just seen something Ive never seen before. You always had two choices a one or two year renewal but now they have three. They included a five year with the other ones.

I did check the price list and bikes are not listed for emmisions.

As I said its a shock seeing a five year renewal as they never did this before.

#2 ·
Are you going to have to take out a second mortgage to be able to pay for 5 years worth of plates in this state? My bike is now 10 years old and I think they're still way to high for 2 wheels.

#3 ·
--

The good thing is the 5 year tag is only as much as about 3 1/2 years at the one year rate. Besides, a lot of people don't realize that if you cancel your plate before your license tag has expired (say, after 6 months of a 1 year tag), you get a refund of a lot of the money you paid as a rebate. I've done that several times.

--

#6 ·
Tags for my 99 Interstate cost me $98.43 for 5 Years. :lol:
Not bad at all. I just renewed my tags on my '04 GL1800 for 1 yr. (Calif) at a cost of $186, $38 of that was for personalized plates. I know living in CA ain't cheap and I'm only here because I help take care of my 95 yr. old Mom. Not wishing any ill on her but when she passes I will be packing my bags.

#11 ·
Sounds like you Az. boys get off cheep, I just got my re-newel on my 04, $95 one year...But what can you expect when you live in the land of Zion...
-- What does being from Utah have to do with high rates?--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.