GL1800Riders Forums banner

Bite The Wieeenie RTE

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  kwthom 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Anybody from tucson interested? I would like to go fri, spend sat at Santa Monica beach/Venice area , then to pinks. Stay overnight sat and home on Sunday. Routes are open at this time.
I'm pretty sure Ken is going. Due to some extenuating circumstances Brenda and I won't be able to make it this year.

#8 ·
I'm pretty sure Ken is going. Due to some extenuating circumstances Brenda and I won't be able to make it this year.
Nope...headed further south.

My Sat evening is free, but bgross tells me it's about 1.75 hours from where I'm going to be to Pink's.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be dead-tired, too.

....but, don't count me out just yet...maybe.

#11 ·
#12 ·
As it turned out, traffic wasn't an issue. Weather was perfect, too.

I counted 48-50 bikes & riders in attendance and a good time was had by all. I chatted with a few riders who'd left home early in the morning in order to log a SS1000 on the way in - like George who left the Seattle area at 0300.

We left for home a little after midnight and I made the 70 mile ride in 70 minutes - including a fuel stop at the end.

#13 ·
The moon, stars, and schedule didn't line up to good this year...maybe it will next year. :cool:

Sent from my teeny screen using my big fat fingers!

#15 ·
No pictures?
Too big of an area for a flash to be effective. But the only 'beautiful people' we saw were wearing Motoport or Aerostich. :eek:4:

The line was about 50-55 minutes long. I figured if I was going to wait that long I was ordering two. Serious error in judgment!

Ate one Polish Dog with Swiss and onions and took the other one home and split it with my wife for Sunday lunch. It might have been even better on Sunday!

Had an enjoyable ride with BGross and met a lot of people. Wendy Crockett, (finished third in the IBR) was there and she and a couple of other riders regaled us with tales from the road. As BGross said, the riders were from all over. At least four bikes were from NM and George road down from Seattle. He had a good time telling everyone that traffic was good until he hit the border - the CA border (about 650 miles away)!

It was great to meet Turbo Dave who has more years and miles than just about anyone I have ever met.

The person who go the biggest charge out of the evening? They guy from Pinks who runs back and forth bringing out supplies, etc He had an ear splitting grin all night long every time he walked by all of the bikes. He was in heaven!

#18 ·
Keep us posted for 2014...we rode over just a few weeks ago and added Donut Man in Glendora to Pinks for eats and it was well worth the ride for dogs and donuts.

#19 ·
Keep us posted for 2014...we rode over just a few weeks ago and added Donut Man in Glendora to Pinks for eats and it was well worth the ride for dogs and donuts.
Seems to be the same time of year...a gastro tour of SoCal could be a fun weekend.

Sent from my teeny screen using my big fat fingers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.