GL1800Riders Forums banner

Moving to Phoenix

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  AZriders 
#1 ·
I think wife and I finally settled on Phoenix. We were looking at Albuquerque, but the Phoenix job market is better for her. We are still 1-2 years off but plan to visit a few times before we pull the trigger. It looks like there are some great roads right near the city - I like that. I won't have a bike when I make our first visit but still want to check out some of the roads.

Any suggestions on good rides? I like heading toward M then up to Colorado. Anything good that way?

Thanks.

#3 ·
I moved out here from SW side of the city of Chicago (not a burb) in 82. I don't miss it. My parents, who are 96 & 93, moved from a mile west of Midway to Leisure World in Mesa a couple of months ago. They sure like it out here instead of there.

#5 ·
<...>Any suggestions on good rides? I like heading toward M then up to Colorado. Anything good that way?
speculating that he meant NM...?
Well...

How long d'ya have to do this?

http://goo.gl/maps/bCFC1

That short little ride will take you a couple of days...and you're still in AZ!

Colorado? From the megalopolis, you're only a day away from Durango...and a bunch of riding there.

Oh, yeah, we do ride 12 months a year around these parts, so plenty of places to see depending on which season you're in.

#6 ·
Welcome, future neighbor. In addition to the map that Ken provided to you, there are TONS of good roads to ride within a few hours of PHX. There are plenty of opportunities for day rides, but even more are available if you want to make it an overnight experience. In addition, if you are up to overnight experiences there are even more good opportunities in Southern California as it only takes a few hours to get to some good jumping off points over there.

#7 ·
I spent time today & wrote it up...

Gadsden Purchase Ride

Now, this doesn't cover all of the roads - there's a few gems that are left off this list - but it's a way to pass through the region and not have to do it along I-10 at 80MPH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.