GL1800Riders Forums banner

brrrrrrr... almost froze my tuchus off

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  robw 
#1 ·
Was out the driveway at 6:15AM headed for breakfast in Bisbee
decided to go via way of Tombstone

Hit Mustang Corners (hwy 82 and hwy 90) literally just as the sun came over the mountains... so I stopped to swap in the tinted visor.

East on 82 and the temp starts dropping fast...
Vehicle Car Speedometer Auto part Gauge

it dropped to 26(!!!!) crossing the San Pedro.

I rarely use the heated seats/grips, and then never above "2"... but I sure had them on max this morning.

See less See more
#2 ·
keep that pic for august when ya get memory lose from the heat :?

#5 ·
that temp is no big deal with the proper gear; but you can freeze quickly if you don't have that correct gear!!!!!!!!! I have been cold before!!!
I was geared for and comfy at 41 when I started out. But I was not ready for 26. I started shivering the other side of Tombstone... never done that on a bike before and it was "interesting". But I only had about 10-15 miles left.

It was 75 and time to strip off gear at 11:30 on the way home.

#6 ·
Ridden at 30 degrees before but as stated above with proper gear it is not really a big problem. And I don't have heated grips/seat either... :oops:

#7 ·
I knew it would be chilly in Bisbee so I went to Sahuarita. It just kept getting warmer. By the time I came back it was 70 degrees. Great day for a ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.