GL1800Riders Forums banner

89 this weekend

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  m45mcdan 
#1 ·
Saturday I'm going to do 89. I have to put the new bike in some twisties. I'm still a bit sore so it won't be as aggressive as usual at least for me. If anyone is interested let me know.

#6 ·
HOLY CRAP BATMAN -SOMEONE IS OLDER THAN DIRT AND STILL KICKIN !:bow::bow::congrats:I'D BE HAPPY TO GET THAT OLD !! WHAT A BONUS STILL RIDING ! HAPPY B'DAY AND MANY MORE !:thumbup:

#12 ·
Will be in NYC this weekend for the SO's 60th B-Day. Road 89 last weekend and now that it's repaved it was a blast. Also Iron Springs road is done and makes a great loop (actually rode it twice this past weekend). Skull Valley Diner is a must...best Chili Verde Omelet. But don't spread the word.

#18 ·
Sounds good Lanny, I usually do the Ranchhouse so a change will be good.

Tony, that hurts. lol.

Got the bike registered and plated today.

#19 ·
Sounds good Lanny, I usually do the Ranchhouse so a change will be good.

Tony, that hurts. lol.

Got the bike registered and plated today.
Did they have to look at the frame to confirm the VIn? Or did they just take it off of the title?

#25 ·
We had a fun ride this morning, 200 smooth miles. Both bikes ran great, and we even avoided the police traps. 7 or 8 miles south of Prescott we saw a rider down but he had plenty of helpers on scene. Shortly after we passed them we say the emergency vehicle coming up the road. I hope he is fine. We both had the Chile Verde Omlette in Skull Valley.......not bad!

#26 ·
yep as Lanny said a very good day. Not too aggressive just fun. Can't get over how smooth this bike is compared to my 03. That being said I really need a seat. lol Half the time I can't even tell what gear I'm in because its so quiet I don't get all the feedback I did on the old bike. However, all that being said I really have proof of what a car tire and a beefed up suspension does. I was dragging pegs where Lanny wasn't even close. Those are easy fixes as I have all those parts of the old bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.