GL1800Riders Forums banner

Rule of three

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  oldguy 
#1 ·
Sure hope things do not happen In threes. Had a guy turn left in front of me today and I t boned him. Messed up my truck some. Really messed him up. Said he didn't see me. Cut my head and kind of screwed up the healing in my left shoulder but I'll live

#2 ·
LEAST YOU WEREN'T ON THE BIKE !:bow::bow: GLAD YOUR OK.

#7 ·
I don't ride my MC in town for routine errands because of increased dangers of in town traffic. I will ride the MC through town to get out of town on a ride.

This was a wreck that was not your fault. The other incident was a mechanical issue that should not be repeated in your new bike.

But wearing helmets in your vehicles is not a bad idea (like a snowboard helmet). I investigated plenty of serious and fatal wrecks in vehicles (not MCs) that a helmet would have helped. Obviously, riding gear and helmets really help in a MC crash. (proven at DV)

An airbag on a MC will greatly help in a t-bone crash.

I hope you recover OK and don't get the jitters. In my experience, after a couple of incidents, the driver starts to change their riding/driving behavior (even subconsciously) to avoid potential wrecks that actually causes more wrecks.

#9 ·
Sorry to read this Wayne. damn , lets hope that 3 times does not arrive.

Another buddy of mine 2 months ago t-boned a dope driving a Hyundai car. Kid turned left in front of my buddy. Totaled his 2011 F-250 diesel because the frame had a split. Sad thing, he was about to trade the truck in for a new F350 dually he was about to order ... which he now has the F350

#10 ·
I don't ride my MC in town for routine errands because of increased dangers of in town traffic. I will ride the MC through town to get out of town on a ride.

This was a wreck that was not your fault. The other incident was a mechanical issue that should not be repeated in your new bike.

But wearing helmets in your vehicles is not a bad idea (like a snowboard helmet). I investigated plenty of serious and fatal wrecks in vehicles (not MCs) that a helmet would have helped. Obviously, riding gear and helmets really help in a MC crash. (proven at DV)

An airbag on a MC will greatly help in a t-bone crash.

I hope you recover OK and don't get the jitters. In my experience, after a couple of incidents, the driver starts to change their riding/driving behavior (even subconsciously) to avoid potential wrecks that actually causes more wrecks.
Naw that's just not me. I'm sure I'll be a little less aggressive for a bit, but then nature will take over. I still need a CT before I'm truly comfy and the suspension improved. It's coming together though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.