GL1800Riders Forums banner

Heading to Rocky's Saturday

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Texas T 
#1 ·
Heading down to Rocky's Saturday to get the front monotubes replaced. I think one is busted, if not then I'm going back to springs cause it rides like a fork lift. ETA 1030ish.

#5 ·
Something went POP on the front end last May...35Kish on them after that. It's a harsh ride. If they are OK then I'll put the normal springs back in (Progressive).Will say hi to Rocky, but he should be able to view these posts.

#6 ·
Rocky

I have to agree with the other posts. I do miss Rocky's excellent advice to a lot of riders who were having problems with there bikes. Hope to see him on the forum again. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

#7 ·
I have to agree with the other posts. I do miss Rocky's excellent advice to a lot of riders who were having problems with there bikes. Hope to see him on the forum again. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry
:agree::agree::agree::agree:

#8 ·
Something went POP on the front end last May...35Kish on them after that. It's a harsh ride. If they are OK then I'll put the normal springs back in (Progressive).Will say hi to Rocky, but he should be able to view these posts.
Let us know the outcome...

"hey there" to the Rockstar! :D

#9 ·
#13 ·
Gotta agree , miss ol Rocky.

At least this thread has not been locked (yet) and we are told to "get over it" about Rocky being banned from the forum moderator
Hey, it's because it's here in the state forums. If this was in the General Board, the thread lock would have already happened. :roll:

#16 ·
One of the struts had blown out of the cartridge. added about 3/4 " of preload and probably had no gas in the shock. everything would jar on a bump. Now it feels like suspension... Can't load pic.

#17 ·
Was he able to install the new tree for you also if he was up there it would only take like 30 minutes for him to do it. the 2013 tree will make a big difference in the handling of the bike.

#20 ·
Sent the monotubes in under an RMA. Called today and they were waiting for some parts to come in to rebuild them to the newer standard. Will take those down to see Rocky and get the frt end replaced with allballs, Triple tree, rear shock and spring etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.