GL1800Riders Forums banner

* Texas KTM rider needs help in Arizona *

975 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Texas T 
#1 ·
I fully realize that we are Wing forum, but I also know that many of you also ride dual-sport or know folks who do; that's why I'm posting this here as well as on other AZ forums.

Scott Friday, the owner of Two Wheeled Texans is here enjoying our dual-sport riding opportunities and has an issue. The seal on his front chain sprocket is going bad and leaking oil.

2010 KTM 530

It's still ride-able and he does have some oil to replace it as it leaks, but if it blows completely he might be SOL.

He needs the o-ring and the seal.

He's currently in the Camp Verde area and they hope to be in the Flagstaff area on Monday and then will start back down this way (phx) on Tuesday.

If you have the parts and could possibly meet him somewhere or have other suggestions that could help, please TEXT him. Or if you know of anyone that could possibly help, please pass this on to him. His number is Nine 3 Sex, 5 seventy-seven, sixty-six 27.

I go back to work tomorrow so I can't run up there myself.

Thanks,

Brian

(Two Wheeled Texans is the first moto forum I ever participated on when I started riding again, and I've known Scott personally for nine years)

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
If there's any way he can delay heading back toward the megopolis & hit up the place there in Flag...hopefully they can fix it up before sending him down the road.

Has this been posted on ADV?

#6 ·
Thanks for the offer of the trailer.

They made it to the dealer in Flag on Tuesday. I assume all is well at this point.

Yes, I posted to ADV, Motorcyclist Cafe, AZ Beemers, Southwest Rides.

#8 ·
Thanks for the offer of the trailer.

They made it to the dealer in Flag on Tuesday. I assume all is well at this point.

Yes, I posted to ADV, Motorcyclist Cafe, AZ Beemers, Southwest Rides.
Good to hear this was resolved. I must say he has a nice DS bike. ;) Never seen one leak from there before.

#9 ·
Good to hear this was resolved. I must say he has a nice DS bike. ;) Never seen one leak from there before.
From the various responses I read on other forums it appears to be fairly common.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.