GL1800Riders Forums banner

In Falgstaff AZ with a flat tire

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  kwthom 
#1 ·
Left Stillwater, OK at 6:15 Saturday morning.arrived in Santa Few N.M. at 5:00 pm that evening. Left Santa Fe for Flagstaff noon yesterday. Our tire blew out about 20 miles east of Flagstaff. Does anyone know of a bike shop where I could get a new tire put on the bike?

#3 ·
When I had a flat recently, I bought a 195/55/r16 and had Walmart mount it. I did have to take the wheel off the mc-they would not do that( rules/ regulations of Walmart they told me).
i can't help you with a mc shop there tho.
Good luck getting your problem solved and getting back on the road!

#5 ·
#8 ·
Thanks. Will call Northland tomorrow, closed today. Harley said they " can't touch" anything other than Harleys or Buells. Sitting in Enterprise and renting a car.
You could lay the bike on the side, and take the wheel in. That way they don't have to touch the bike. If they're unwilling to swap a tire for you I would let Harley Davidson headquarters know about it. That's just bad business. You can also get a car tire to get you going.

#10 ·
:roll::roll:SWAP OUT TIRE N RIM ???

#11 ·
If you have a car, head down towards Phoenix. I have a brand new Stone on a rim. I could meet you part way. 602-615-0632 There is also a Trike builder in Humbolt. He probably has something. Arizona Trike Shop 928-632-8910

#14 ·
All worked out well. Northland Motorsports in Flagstaff installed a new rear tire. My next issue became when what may be my alternator decided it had enough and the bike needed to be towed for the second time during my vacation. Luckily, it broke down about 35 miles from home in Guthrie, Oklahoma. We rode 2500 miles and almost made it home. I don't have great luck with long rides. Two years ago I hit a deer about 25 milles from home on my way back from Pagoda Springs, Colorado. With all that it was still a great ride.

#15 ·
All worked out well. Northland Motorsports in Flagstaff installed a new rear tire. My next issue became when what may be my alternator decided it had enough and the bike needed to be towed for the second time during my vacation. Luckily, it broke down about 35 miles from home in Guthrie, Oklahoma. We rode 2500 miles and almost made it home. I don't have great luck with long rides. Two years ago I hit a deer about 25 milles from home on my way back from Pagoda Springs, Colorado. With all that it was still a great ride.
Easy solution here. Don't go back home. :lol:

And I think you meant to say Pagoso Springs.

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.