GL1800Riders Forums banner

Had an interesting meeting with a Harley while on the Dragon in Tenn.

8K views 67 replies 21 participants last post by  CruiseControl 
#1 ·
Damn lucky I was in a car and not on the bike when this woman crossed the Double Yellow and took out my Subaru.
Harley is facing away because that's the way the good Samaritans left it when they pulled it out of my radiator.

See less See more
#2 ·
How hurt was the driver?

Intreating in the picture it's the right side of the bike that looks to have taken most of the damage.

Rick

#3 ·
Rental cage?

Same question...how injured was the rider in this incident?

Sent from my teeny screen using my big fat fingers!

#4 ·
Rider has at least a broken leg. She spent an hour on the Hood of my car before the ambulance took her. Lack of cell service meant we had to wait for someone to ride to a phone.

Not a Rental, my personal vehicle.

#5 ·
Good to hear she didn't come thru and give you a kiss and sounds like she will be OK. Good job on getting another Harley off the road. :joke:

#10 ·
Originally Posted by Clamper
Good job on getting another Harley off the road.

What a DISGUSTING comment to make. Even a Moped deserves more consideration. You, in my opinion, are a total disgrace to the entire biking world. May God bless you!
Don't know Clamper BUT I would be willing to bet it was only meant as a jest like most of the other Hd comments on here.. real sure he was not happy the rider was hurt.

#11 ·
I think I already know the answer, but was she going fast or was she put putting along and not paying any attention?
I'm gonna say she had target fixation.. My wife was taking a video and as I watched it the next day, I saw that she had plenty of time and room to make the curve. Couldn't have been doing more than 15 or 20 MPH.

#12 ·
I'm gonna say she had target fixation.. My wife was taking a video and as I watched it the next day, I saw that she had plenty of time and room to make the curve. Couldn't have been doing more than 15 or 20 MPH.
Excellent news about you having clear video evidence of who was clearly over the yellow line. Funny how what was clear at the time of an accident gets less clear after someone see the cost of their mistake.

Rick

#13 ·
What a DISGUSTING comment to make. Even a Moped deserves more consideration. You, in my opinion, are a total disgrace to the entire biking world. May God bless you!

Well it is a sure bet you don’t know when someone is making a joke :joke: or are serious :nojoke: Take a minute to look these up.

I see you are more concerned about what I said than the condition of the woman who might have gone thru the windshield and broke her neck or killed the driver or passenger of the car, Big Tom or his Wife. No your concern is a hunk of metal. I’m not surprised at your feeling, toward your fellow man/woman and total lack of others.

I and everybody else will never know why she crossed the center line. Target Fixation as Big Tom said, she looked down for a second to check her speed, something else or too much bike. She might have just locked up which probably is Target Fixation, But I hope she heals up and gets back out there whether it’s another Harley or Scooter.

And No this is not my Opinion. This is what I wrote and if I get bounce off the board so be it. At least I’m not talking like I got up on the wrong side of the bed and p**ed in my Wheaties.

#14 ·
Well it is a sure bet you don’t know when someone is making a joke :joke: or are serious :nojoke: Take a minute to look these up.

I see you are more concerned about what I said than the condition of the woman who might have gone thru the windshield and broke her neck or killed the driver or passenger of the car, Big Tom or his Wife. No your concern is a hunk of metal. I’m not surprised at your feeling, toward your fellow man/woman and total lack of others.

I and everybody else will never know why she crossed the center line. Target Fixation as Big Tom said, she looked down for a second to check her speed, something else or too much bike. She might have just locked up which probably is Target Fixation, But I hope she heals up and gets back out there whether it’s another Harley or Scooter.

And No this is not my Opinion. This is what I wrote and if I get bounce off the board so be it. At least I’m not talking like I got up on the wrong side of the bed and p**ed in my Wheaties.
I said what I meant, and I meant what I said. And I was fine until I read your callous comment. Your bottom line thought was just what you said...you were glad to get a Harley off the road!

#15 ·
This right here is why I rarely go to the main forum board any longer. People get their knickers in a knot over the stupidest things. :cry:

And why are all these interlopers hanging out in the Arizona sub-forum? Got tired of trashing people in their own state forum?

Big Tom, glad you came out that uninjured.

#16 ·
yup 15-20 mph,and could not keep it in her lane,i go a weeee bit faster and NEVER leave my lane,hmmm who would you rather meet coming the other way,lol

and that is a very blind curve she was in

to clarify,its not the speed that makes or don't make a safe rider ,slow riders crash as much or more that faster riders!

#17 ·
This right here is why I rarely go to the main forum board any longer. People get their knickers in a knot over the stupidest things. :cry:

And why are all these interlopers hanging out in the Arizona sub-forum? Got tired of trashing people in their own state forum?

:agree:

#18 ·
Leave it to YW to come into a thread about an accident and manage to pat himself on the back. Cracks me up. Tom glad you and your wife are OK. The other driver also

#21 ·

This is why I posted on this board and not the Main Board

#23 ·
I guess if you don't live in Arizona, you can't post on their board. Three of them don't want us posting here. Sounds like a great bunch of guys, wonder why they don't want anybody hanging around? Must all be good buddies, good, good buddies. We should all try to leave this threesome alone from now on.

#24 ·
I guess if you don't live in Arizona, you can't post on their board. Three of them don't want us posting here. Sounds like a great bunch of guys, wonder why they don't want anybody hanging around? Must all be good buddies, good, good buddies. We should all try to leave this threesome alone from now on.
Really?

Really?!

An opinion was offered, and countered.

You, sir, add NOTHING to the discussion at hand with your comment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.