GL1800Riders Forums banner

Saturday Ride Photos...

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kwthom 
#1 ·
Some recent photos of my MC ride last Saturday in Phoenix area.

Its a dry heat!

Maybe LD comfort would help?

#5 ·
Heh...

Sadly, what looks like a terrific day to ride (rain? Eh, that's what Frog Toggs are for!) - alas, I'll be helping Jr. lay a few hundred sq ft of laminate flooring today - then helping him move tomorrow.

Work less, ride more - at least when you can!!! :mrgreen:

#6 ·
I'm going on a 'spirited' ride tomorrow morning with Meet Up group called Wolf Pack. (Good group of MC enthusiasts) Heading from Mesa to Payson through Strawberry to Camp Verde for breakfast. Then some of us will return to the valley via Jerome & Yarnell. I'll probably ride my BMW GS Adv as I rode my 'Wing last wewk and the rear tire is getting iffy.

I did this basic ride last week (except via Lake Mary, Flagstaff, 89A to Sedona) on the 'wing with a group from Go Az (3rd annual Sedona Ride). Towards the end there were only hard core riders left for Yarnell Hill and after I got past some slower sport bike riders I hung in the #4 spot with the 'Wing. Surprising them that the 'Wing will keep up.

The first time me & Biglefti showed up on our 'wings to join them on a ride up Devils Highway (Safford to Springerville), they looked at our 'wings and said they would wait for us. (They were riding BMW R/ts, Ninja 100s, Concours, etc.) We just laughed and said we know the way. As soon as we left Morenci and the twisties started, Biglefti & I followed for a while and then we started to respectively & safely pass until we rode our our fun but comfortable speed. Only the guy on the Ninja stayed close. They all were surprised how well a 'Wing will handle if ridden properly. We were not even pushing it. I explained to them there are some guys I ride with on Pres Day in Death Valley that easily outrun me. The were incredulous and I don't think they believed me.

Its always fun showing others what a 'Wing can do.

#7 ·
<...great story...> I explained to them there are some guys I ride with on Pres Day in Death Valley that easily outrun me. The were incredulous and I don't think they believed me.

Its always fun showing others what a 'Wing can do.
Yes it is...old guys ride 'em like old guys... heheh! ...and to think that I'm one of the slower guys...astounding. :lol: At least now, I can see them by the time we get to the end of a run. Several years ago, I wouldn't be in the same area code as those guys. Having roads (and other riders...) who do that regularly really does help.

Story in the (now pay-walled...) local newsrag on the motorcyclists who reek havoc on the Mt. Lemmon highway - specifically early Sunday mornings. Now looks like PCSO is doing a bit of periodic monitoring of the area, though not many get scraped off the side of the road, so the skill level (and luck) must be respectable.

In other news, slow-going on the floor, but the minimum needed to get 'em move in can happen a bit later today. Fortunately, there's a few other bodies that can help with that part of the equation.

#8 ·
I had to cancel due to having to take of my mother who fell Friday.

I want to ride up to Mt. Lemmon one day soon, but probably on a week day or week evening. How is the PCSO presence then?

I've been to the top a lot the back way from Oracle on ATVs & Jeeps.

#10 ·
Just had a nice ride up the river to Laughlin where I'll spend the night. I'll find something appropriate for tomorrow on my way home. Raining pretty good here right now

#11 ·
I pushed the bike out into the driveway to wash it today...then rode it into the garage where it was cleaned up a bit - at least the thick layer of crap has been removed... :/

It took me over three weeks to move the thing after getting my new front tire on the beast...

Wrong, I tell ya, wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.