GL1800Riders Forums banner

This is not a want to buy post

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kiwi 
#1 ·
I have posted in the main forum that I'm looking for a 06-12 with abs and low miles near AZ already so I assume
I shouldn't do that in the AZ sub forum. So my question is about belly pans. Are these typically put on
after ones already touched down? I am going to be looking at used bikes and wonder if I should pull
the belly pan and check for damage?

THX
Dave

#5 ·
Might be the wrong time of year...you may need to wait a bit longer for those in the east to decide this was their last year to ride.

With the weather the way it is around here, the better riding seasons is just about ready to start, so you might have a bit of a wait to find something close - as in within the state of AZ.

You can also peruse Cycle Trader: 400 miles of Casa Grande shows this -- http://tinyurl.com/l7dsjku

Luck to ya!

#6 ·
kwthom, you make a very good point. I have always thought the best time to sell a MC was during the riding season, In fact I just sold
one a few weeks ago back in North Carolina. What I had not considered was as you say some riders may be riding their last season and
the GW in particular maybe a last bike for many. I have been checking the usual suspects, craig s lisp cykul tra der and ebay. Not that
the color should matter that much but the dark metallic blue (think it's on the 09) has me drooling. In the mean time the FJR is still capable
of hauling my butt to a higher elevation to cool off for a few hours. The funds from the bike I just sold are burning a hole in my pocket.
History has shown spare monies will get spent on every day needs ie washer, dryer etc. etc. and diluted if not quickly put back into toys.
Thanks,
Dave

#7 ·
You're right, but...

Having the green 'in-hand' can really make a difference, especially right about now - great riding here in the southwest, the gang in the easy may still have a few more weeks of crappy weather to deal with before they're great guns and riding again.

If I was searching (I'm not...), I'd be starting right about now.

Luck to ya!

#8 ·
Well I put one on mine and I am glad I did.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?573097-Belly-Pan-s-Why-you-might-fit-one

You ask the question should you look under the pan when looking at a used bike.
Yes. I would inspect the bike including pulling off all the covers and seat and the pan.

If the vendor gets his feelings hurt - so what, what is he worried about?
If he declines I would walk away from that purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.