GL1800Riders Forums banner

Indulge Me...???

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  flibmeister 
#1 ·
Ok guys... I've been here almost 3 months now, and I'm going through withdrawals. You guys provided a source of good BBQ, so I've got another question:

I know we're a long way from the ocean, but have you guys got any recommendations for a GOOD seafood restaurant? :eat1:

Knowing there's nothing here in Casa Grande, I gave in one day when I was up in Chandler and stopped by a Red Lobster (which I consider nothing more than a Captain D's or Long John Silver with table service)... but I'm hoping there's a REAL seafood place somewhere in Phoenix, or maybe even Tucson that I could try one day before I begin heading back east.

A place that has fresh seafood flown in & prepared southern style (fried or broiled) is my preference... but as this point, I'm open to suggestions.

So... anything?
Thanks

#2 ·
google it. then ck remarks. would think something out there. good luck

#3 ·
I have heard that the best place to buy fresh seafood is at the Chinese Cultural center in Phoenix. I am not a fan of Seafood so I have no personal knowledge. Chances are that their may be a Restaurant there..

http://www.phxchinatown.com/

#5 ·
Why not make a 2 or 3 day RTE out of this and ride over to the PCH (Morro Bay) and pig out on seafood and then ride the coast north to Monterey where it will be time for more seafood. :eat2:

#6 ·

1.Cuttlefish Ocean Kitchen, Gainey Village, Scottsdale. Motorcycle theme to boot!!
2. Eddie V's prime Seafood, Scottsdale
3. Mastro's Ocean Club ($$$$)
4. Salt Cellar (Underground)

Being a fellow former NY'er, there are no good seafood "shacks" here in the desert.....

#10 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions... hope to try at least 2 of them sometime this week. Would have liked to have done so this past weekend, but I've been down with the flu for the past 4 days now. Haven't even been out of my rig except to run to the drug store for meds. Great way to finish up my final 2 weeks in AZ. Oh well....

#11 ·
Try the Angry Crab in Mesa, Northwest corner of Alma School and Guadalupe. I am from New England and I have never had better fried oysters in my life. They will also serve other seafood Cajun style in a bag etc.

#12 ·
Try the Angry Crab in Mesa, Northwest corner of Alma School and Guadalupe. I am from New England and I have never had better fried oysters in my life. They will also serve other seafood Cajun style in a bag etc.
I'll have to remember that place and make sure I stop there when in the area as I love fried oysters and Cajun style seafood. Come to think of it I just love seafood. :lol:

#13 ·
Thanks again for all of the recommendations... I was in Mesa on Thursday and got to try the Seafood Market Restaurant for lunch.

GOOD CALL!! :thumbup:

Don't think I'll get to try any of the others... I'm bugging out of here on Tuesday, heading north up towards Flagstaff to begin my eventual trek back to NC.

#14 ·
Thanks again for all of the recommendations... I was in Mesa on Thursday and got to try the Seafood Market Restaurant for lunch.

GOOD CALL!! :thumbup:

Don't think I'll get to try any of the others... I'm bugging out of here on Tuesday, heading north up towards Flagstaff to begin my eventual trek back to NC.
Travel safe...it was nice meeting you this winter at our impromptu lunch in Eloy.

#15 ·
I'm bugging out of here on Tuesday, heading north up towards Flagstaff to begin my eventual trek back to NC.
Darn, Tom, I'd really hoped we could get together again before you leave! Unfortunately, my caregiver duties have kept me pretty close to home.

Thanks, again, for shepherding me through the fill of the shock actuator-- come back next year, and I'll buy you lunch without making you work for it!

Drive safe,

Denny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.