GL1800Riders Forums banner

Coming to Bullhead City...

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  flibmeister 
#1 ·
Hello again everybody...

Well, it appears I may be coming back to AZ a bit early this year. Instead of arriving in December like last year... a friend of mine has talked me out of retirement for a little while, and convinced me to take a job at the Laughlin-Bullhead City airport for a few months.

If all goes as planned, I'll be arriving in early-to-mid August. Not really looking forward to the temperatures during that time (I've been keeping an eye on the weather bug out there)... but at least the tower's air conditioned. :)

Anyway, I'll post more as plans become more definite. It'll be good to see you guys again.

#2 ·
Is that a non-federal tower? By the end of September the Wx will be great......Rt. 66, Oatman, Seligman, Lake Havasu, etc.,......plenty of riding to do. I don't fly over that way often, but if I do I'll look you up......shouldn't be too hard to pick out the NY accent....:joke:

#3 ·
...shouldn't be too hard to pick out the NY accent....:joke:
OUCH! I ain't no NY'er... I'm a southern boy from VA. I just worked up there cause they couldn't find enough Yankees who could do the job. :) I'll be the redneck soundin guy on freq.

Yeah, it's one of the many non-federal (aka: contract) towers out there now. Not sure how long I'll be there, but it's been described to me as a nice, laid back place. Low traffic volume, no flight schools, no crazy work hours. I stayed across the river in Laughlin last February on my way out to the Death Valley run, so at least I'm somewhat familiar with the area.

#4 ·
OUCH! I ain't no NY'er... I'm a southern boy from VA. I just worked up there cause they couldn't find enough Yankees who could do the job. :) I'll be the redneck soundin guy on freq.

Yeah, it's one of the many non-federal (aka: contract) towers out there now. Not sure how long I'll be there, but it's been described to me as a nice, laid back place. Low traffic volume, no flight schools, no crazy work hours. I stayed across the river in Laughlin last February on my way out to the Death Valley run, so at least I'm somewhat familiar with the area.

C'mon.....a little bit of the "lawn guyland" accent had to creep in over the years. :joke: I'm usually in Angel 3 if you happen to hear our call sign. :thumbup:

#5 ·
JUST REMEMBER ITS DRY HEAT OUT THERE ...... SO NOT BAD ....IM IN FLORIDA :shock::shock::shock::wrong: HOT IS HOT. WAS OUT THERE LAST YEAR ON WAY TO VEGAS. 116 THRU DESERT BY OATMAN. NEED TO GO IN WINTER CAUSE NICE AREA.

#9 ·
Sounds like a good gig, Tom! I haven't worked any non-fed towers since retiring, but I did get to kick the feds out of their own towers a few times while doing air boss work... that was fun.

I may be making a ride over toward Bullhead City in the fall-- if I get there, lunch is on me. BTW, my rear suspension adjuster still engages right at zero, thanks to you!

Denny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.