GL1800Riders Forums banner

Insurance Companies.

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ghmpm 
#1 ·
Who are the Major players in Motorcycle Insurance in Arizona? I think that it's time to call for some comparison rate quotes.

I just received my statement from Progressive and for full coverage for my '99 Valk Interstate and my '06 GW the Tab is $ 1194 for the year.

Been with them 11 years and never a claim. Here's the list of coverage I have.

Liability
Uninsured
Underinsured
Comprehensive
Collision
Roadside assistance

#3 ·
I added mine on to my Auto Owners car policy. When I had the wing, it was around $300.00. I checked with everybody when I sold the wing and bought the Stallion. Those that would cover it, most would not, wanted over $1000 to cover it. Auto Owners covered it with the same coverages as the cars for around $500.00, which is still more than I pay for the cars. These are 12 month policies.

#4 ·
I pay by the year and each year I get quotes from the major players. Sometimes stay with what I got, sometimes not. My cars and house are with USAA and they don't cover bikes anymore so I shop around for the bikes. USAA partners with Progressive but this year Geico was a better deal for me for the bikes.

#5 ·
Been with one company for over a decade; they have all of my insurance needs covered. When I got the bike, I got a separate policy for that.

That is, until this year. Got a recommendation from my son to call his agent. Bike insurance really didn't change much, but the home and the autos really did.

The 'was' company was Safeco. The 'is' company is - Liberty Mutual (um, same company!)

I'm paying ~330 - yearly - for the bike. That's for 300/100 coverage.

#6 ·
Tom, Call Farm Bureau. They had the cheapest, and best coverage for me. Great company. I have all our stuff with them and no one could touch their prices or service.
Sorry, I meant to respond a while back... Farm bureau will not insure your Motorcycles unless they also get your Autos.

#7 ·
Progressive (by USAA) had my bikes until they decided to jack rates into the stratosphere! Called around and got coverage for about 25% the price from Dairyland Insurance.

USAA has my homeowners and cars etc.; at one point USAA asked me why I didn't use Progressive for bikes and I told them reason (price). They said "oh". That was all...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.