GL1800Riders Forums banner

PHX to Laughlin I10 to Parker and Needles route

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ghmpm 
#1 ·
Trying a alternate route to Laughlin in September, how is the highway off 10, 72 to Parker and 62 to 95 Needles and then to Laughlin??

#2 ·
I've done it...some stretches are typical Arizona rural highway.
Have you been to Oatman?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Not yet, we plan to hit Oatman on the middle day.

#4 ·
Someone told me that the town of Oatman did some things that make that destination a little less motorcycle friendly. I wish that I had more information but it had something to do with the road surface or the parking situation. Maybe someone will chime in with better information.

#6 ·
The only thing in Oatman that would make less biker friendly is the burro crap on the road, as said bikers pour a ton of money into the town. It's a touristy town and the more people they can cram into it the better for them. They will welcome your money and anyone else's ?

#7 ·
The only thing in Oatman that would make less biker friendly is the burro crap on the road, as said bikers pour a ton of money into the town. It's a touristy town and the more people they can cram into it the better for them. They will welcome your money and anyone else's 
From what I hear the Town of Oatman has created a parking lot just south of the end of town for motorcycles so you can't park in town any more.

#8 ·
I'm sure those who ride with loud pipes just love to disturb the peace when riding in that town. :/

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
From what I hear the Town of Oatman has created a parking lot just south of the end of town for motorcycles so you can't park in town any more.

There is a parking lot to the south end of town. But it is easy to walk downtown (not far at all). But to my knowledge parking in the town area is still allowed; however I have not been to Oatman since last year so may have changed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.