GL1800Riders Forums banner

Progressive International Motorcycle Show - Glendale, Feb 20-21

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ghmpm 
#1 ·
Just got notice today that the IMS is gonna be in Glendale in February next year.

I used to go the show in New York every other year when I lived up there... and since it's been awhile, I guess I'll go ahead and make plans to go to this one.

I know it's way early, but just something to keep in mind if anyone wants to meet up there for the show and lunch/dinner afterward one of the days.

http://www.motorcycleshows.com

#7 ·
See you there, Tom. And dinner's on me afterward-- I'm suffering from a dearth of ATC stories, can't wait for you to fill me in on how Bullhead City Tower compares to the Common I! <g>

DC
Ha, well.. it'll be a short conversation. The IFP gig didn't last too long. A variety of reasons, but the biggest being that the semi part time job I thought I was getting was gonna turn into a full time position with obligated overtime. I told them "No thanks, I've already been there - done that".

So for now, I'm retired again. :)

#8 ·
We miss you in Whiteville, NC--IMS Shows

Hi Tom,
I brought the Krispy Kremes last year to your open house in Whiteville. Are you gone for good ? I worked IMS
shows for several years as a field rep for the AMA. I hope to go again if they come closer to thesoutheast.Check the local dealers around Phoenix the dealers used to get a stack of free tickets prior to the show!
enjoy the show and the riding in the southwest.
Gerry

#9 ·
Hey Gerry...

Yeah, I'm done with Whiteville. I think I mentioned during the weekend that I was thinking of just going out on the road full-time in the RV... and that's what I did. About the same time I made the decision, an opportunity for what I thought was going to be a part time job came up in AZ, so I made my way out here.

#13 ·
Nice ride to Pink's - but back to the original discussion. :D

Last time I went was nearly 3 years ago, went looking for helmets to fit my wife better than the one she had. T'was worth the trip if only for that.

When I planned, I popped for the tickets with the very *first* email that I was sent - got 40% off the face value by doing that. It might now only be 20% off.

It's good to go to them once in a while; this time I think I'll pass.

#15 ·
Yeah, not much in the test ride list. I think I'll try the Tri-Glide on this year. I wish Champion would bring an Indian with a side car. Well maybe at Bike Fest in April...

#18 ·
I went Sunday and enjoyed the show as usual. But, that said I was very disappointed in Honda and Triumph this year. Very few bikes on display for both of them and they are two I wanted to see most! Harley, Suzuki and Kawasaki to name a few brought LOTS of bikes to drool over (er look at). I chose not to demo a bike this year but a friend rode the Indian Roadmaster and was impressed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.