GL1800Riders Forums banner

Yuma area

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Clamper 
#1 ·
Anyone on here that lives in or around the Yuma area? We will be towing our trike and arriving on 7 November. We're looking for others from the area to ride with.

We've already been in contact with the GWRRA Chapter U in Yuma also.

Denny

#4 ·
I don't know how much I'll be down in Yuma. My wife said she was pulling the plug on work and I need to sell the place in Yuma and up in Calif. She wants to move North. I think Yuma is great for winters, but I'm only getting half a vote.

#5 ·
I don't know how much I'll be down in Yuma. My wife said she was pulling the plug on work and I need to sell the place in Yuma and up in Calif. She wants to move North. I think Yuma is great for winters, but I'm only getting half a vote.
Any idea where you may be relocating? Getting out of CA completely? I can see where half a vote could present a problem. :lol:

#6 ·
Holy crap you actually get a full 1/2 vote...I think most of us don't even get 1/3...

#7 ·
Holy crap you actually get a full 1/2 vote...I think most of us don't even get 1/3...
Thanks Marc, I'm very proud of my 1/2 vote and guard it with care. Used to be more but after 42 years it has eroded away. LOL

#8 ·
Any idea how much longer you'll be around Yuma? We'll arrive on & November.

I've sent you a PM.

Denny

#9 ·
Hoping to get to Yuma to visit my grandkids this winter, my son is a Marine stationed in Yuma. Maybe we can get out for a ride when I'm down. Need to find a place to rent a goldwing in the area? Being I would fly into Mesa I think I should be able to find a bike rental in that area.

#11 ·
Any idea how much longer you'll be around Yuma? We'll arrive on & November.

I've sent you a PM.

Denny
Well normally I pull into Yuma the second or third week of October, but I can't leave Calif yet. Too much to do before I get back down there.

#14 ·
Well I told my wife and Doctor that I need to go down to Yuma next week. The Doc said fine enjoy the flight down there. My wife said no way. Back around the first of Oct. I had a Arthroscopy on the right knee. Figured I be riding down in a couple weeks. The knee didn't get better, so around the end of November I had a CT guided Aspiration on a pocket of Ganglion Cysts. After two hrs. they sucked out part of one Cyst. I told them we were done and let me get out of here. Wait for the report and talk to the Doc. Now I go in for a Total Knee Replacement in January and they will scrap out the rest of the Cysts above and below the Knee. I can't ride the bike as my knee wouldn't hold the bike up if my life depended on it. Meaning if I leaned to the right I would probably go down at the stop sign. My wife said I'll be driving and riding up to Idaho to our son's place after Christmas in the car, and I said I'm not going. I got the look, so I guess I've lost my 1/2 vote on anything.
It will be in the high 70's to low 80's next week in Yuma and I have to try and walk alittle everyday and it's cold up here. I need to see my dentist in Mexico, and pick up a couple bottles of Don Julio 1942 for Medicinal Purposes. Ya know my cough.

#15 ·
Ron, sorry to hear about the knee replacement but really sorry to hear that you lost your 1/2 vote on things. :frown2: Any more news on your relocation to Idaho? Like you I have a glass of red wine every night for medicinal purposes only. Hate the stuff :grin2: but they tell me it's good for the heart. Hope you have a great Christmas holiday and all goes well with your knee replacement.

#16 ·
Howdy Paul, I'm just waiting for her to tell me to pack my bag were heading up to Idaho. She is looking West of Boise, and I don't care as all I want is a garage for the bike and my garage stuff, and a bedroom for my other stuff. I told her nobody from HGTV is coming over to do anything so pick wisely.
Crap, I got the look. Better pass the wine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.