GL1800Riders Forums banner

Casa Grande Restaurant Recommend

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Zee Fifty 
#1 ·
Anyone recommend a nice restaurant for lunch in CG? I haven't been in town there in about 8 or more years. Prefer a local type, not one of the big chains. Mexican or general cafe. Not a BBQ fan but if they have other fare, that is OK.

thanks.

#2 ·
I've been waiting for an answer on this one from others. The only place I can remember is The Property restaurant on 84 out by that Hotel Francisco Grande. I have not been out there since 1985 to eat, but it was great back then.

#7 ·
Hehehe...

...or, this one: "Jose Sanchez: Not great but good edible for us mexicans great for white people."

So...other ideas? :mrgreen:

Again, if in Pinal County, we all get to make a (small) ride out of it.

#6 ·
Well, I tell ya... I spent all of last winter in CG. And while there are a few decent places to eat, I didn't find anything to be really outstanding.

In my opinion, the best place for dinner during the winter is at Frankie's Chuckwagon down the road at the Picacho KOA. Wednesday thru Sunday, they serve up big steaks & chops that are cooked up on their big outdoor chuckwagon grill.

#9 ·
Okay, so the parking lot on a weekday at Mi Amigo Ricardo is *packed* - typically, that's a good sign.

So, I backtracked a few blocks and went to Little Sombrero, 419 E Florence Blvd, in CG. Not bad, but it's an old, old place with exterior dining (think 1950's era burger place...)

Solid B+ on the red chile burrito.

Yeah, it's a nearly three-year-old thread - it's still valid. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.