GL1800Riders Forums banner

For Sale

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  kwthom 
#1 ·
Good Morning.Do you guys have a favorite site that you sell your household items? I want to sell them locally and do not want to ship a toilet or a sleeper sofa. I have them on OFFER UP site but no offers. THX

#6 ·
I have never had a problem... I never put my Phone # in the ad. I always communicate VIA the C/L e-mail.
When I get a response I ask them to send me their Phone # and I call them to set up a meet. Honest folks should not have a problem giving it to you.
If you still feel unsure have someone with you at the meet.

#5 ·
Meet at busy place or have "company " with ya. I've never had issue. Also check out letco free also. Must have good pic of item

#7 ·
I've only used Craigslist once, back in NC. Having heard & read about some of the same security issues, I gave the buyer an address & time for the meet, but they never showed. What I didn't tell them was the address was the parking lot at the county Sheriff's office. To this day I don't know if they just changed their mind, or decided to bail when they saw the location. Oh well...

#9 ·
Don't know where you are, but some towns and cities have designated "safe locations" where people can meet to do a Craig's List transaction. It is usually at or very near the Police station and most of them have video surveillance cameras watching the area. You might check with your Police Department to see if your town has one.

http://www.npr.org/2015/03/27/39558...open-up-safe-lots-for-craigslist-transactions

#10 ·
My problem is I have a Queen sofa bed and a Handicap height toilet. I guess I could have my wife or neighbor their at the same time. THX for all of your help and info. from you folks.

#11 · (Edited)
Pictures really help tell the story on a CL ad...

Because of the goods you're selling, I'm not sure you'd have much in the way of issues.

I'm personally really big on email discussions on the sale. If they're interested, they'll email back within a given amount of time. If not, move onto the next interested party.

Marc nailed it - cash green money. Give the buyer a bill of sale. If they need to get a truck or whatever to get the item home, 50% deposit - they have 5 days to pick it up. Negotiate the date and time before they leave.

Once you've received a deposit, update the listing to PENDING SALE so you don't get more calls/emails about the item.

Bought a fantastic piece of furniture just a few weeks ago this way. Know what you want for the item, be willing to negotiate if need be, unless you've got the items listed at a killer price.

Luck to ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.