GL1800Riders Forums banner

Another morning Ride

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Monk 
#1 · (Edited)
Thinking about getting out again tomorrow, Friday, July 29.

Anybody want to go?

I have a front tire that is almost gone, one more good ride may do it! :thumbup:

And this might be a good time to give a new to me BBQ place a try!! Maybe run up to Push Mountain, then highway 14 north from Yellville to jj and J in Missouri to Kirbyville for lunch!!

#2 · (Edited)
Would love to join you since you're passing through my neighborhood but I'm still covered up getting things back to normal after having grandkids for a week.

I'm thinking the last time we were on jj that we had to dodge some sizable pot holes so be careful.

Be safe - have fun!:grin2:

#5 · (Edited)
Went through there yesterday and the road was in great shape!! Did not see any pot holes. Pavement was nice and smooth!!

Too bad you can't make it ... but I understand about the grandkids. It takes me a few days to recover from mine also!!

Maybe I'll meet you there for lunch if you can give me an ETA
That is hard to say, since I'm taking a round about route to get there. A guess would be around 11:30 a.m.

Here is my spot tracker:
https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=fdc856c9d80df35ab

Hopefully that will help.

Also, my arrival time could be affected if someone else decides to go along. I will update here if things change.

#6 ·
Also, my arrival time could be affected if someone else decides to go along. I will update here if things change.[/QUOTE]

Got it, thanks

#8 ·
Not sure if I will be able to run it tomorrow, but at the same time it is hard to be that close and not ... decisions ... decisions. This retirement stuff can be stressville. >:)

#9 ·
I'm dying to take my new bike up there but have been busy with work and family stuff. (and a bit wary of 100 degree afternoons so far from home)

I'll probably figure out how to get up there in the next couple of weeks though.

Have a good ride. Hopefully you are already riding by now today...

#12 ·
As you know highway 125 is a perfect road for that new bike!! :thumbup: With the new pavement it has to be one of the best, if not the best motorcycle road in the area!!

I didn't run it today. Got run off my a big line of storms that came through about the time we finished eating. Managed to push through on highway 412 and get behind the front. One of the nice things about a storm like that... the highest temp I saw was 86!!

Oh no, you snooze...you lose.. at least miss out on another great ride.
First I've been on the board since yesterday morning to see your post.

Hope you have a good one, and find another big ole piece of pie :smile2:
catch ya next time.
Sorry you missed it. :frown2: That was my fault, it was one of those last minute decisions. It looked like a good opportunity to get another ride in the books before the weather turns hot again next week.

You also missed a good HARD rain. For about 15 miles it was difficult to see much of anything.

#10 ·
Oh no, you snooze...you lose.. at least miss out on another great ride.
First I've been on the board since yesterday morning to see your post.

Hope you have a good one, and find another big ole piece of pie :smile2:
catch ya next time.

#11 ·
Made it home, it only rained when I was with Monk :rain1::rain1::rain1::rain1::rain1::rain1::rain1:

Cleaning day tomorrow

Thanks Monk!

Reactions: Monk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.