GL1800Riders Forums banner

To all the F6B people...

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  hardwareace 
G
#1 ·
I am elated to see many of the F6B people coming over to this forum from other places.
The F6B section of this forum was lacking because there were not many of us over here.
With the help of Shooter and others, the F6B section is growing.
With growth comes uncertainties.
What may have been allowed on forums that people have come from may not be allowed here.
Please read the rules of this forum.
I and others want the F6B section to grow.
It needs to be a place that people with F6Bs can come to and learn, get riding ideas, get help and possibly meet new friends.I am posting this new thread because some may have not been following the other thread that pertains to people coming over.
For those who really want to make the F6B section a success,thank you.
I am re posting what Rail said on the other thread that I think sums it up.
Everyone enjoy and let's make this section a place everyone wants to come to and join in.

Doug

"If you ever need help , please pm or email me.
Same board rules applies here as the rest of the gl1800 riders forum.
Simply keep it civil, keep it family orientated , zero politics, and a few there common sense rules applies . Bringing up topics that stir the pot will get my attention real quick like on any board. Those topics normally are politics of any mention , other forums that cause chaos , topics of known irritation ( Harley's for some reason I ain't figured out yet good example) , and religion. A forum us as only as good as its members . The more active , the better the quality . Want a great example visit ADV riders forum . They are huge and maintain a very civil forum. All though they have twice as many mods policing boards. I had a couple ads wanting to trade stuff and listed no price and had them removed recently with no notice of why . A simple Pm to a mod clarified situation and all was good. Lesson learned ???? Contact one of our 3 mods for help in any way .
Carry on F6B fans and enjoy the forum."
Rail

See less See more
#2 ·
I have been watching this forum for a few months, but just joined in recently.
I too, am an outcast from another forum where control and opinion seemed to be... well... out of control, in my opinion.
This seems a "kinder and gentler" forum, so to speak, and the mods seem to have a better idea of what a forum's purpose actually is.

If you want to banter politics... go do it on a political forum.
If you want to argue religion... go stand on a soap box somewhere else.
If you want to call each other childish names... go back to grade school where you learned it.

I'm here to gather, share, trade and experience all that is F6B!

Let's go!

Jim Martin
A.K.A. The Ryde Pyrat

#10 ·
Not sure if you were aware this was a 6 year old thread. Personally, I like this site but very little F6B activity, but generalization about 1800s are fine. I wish I could select 'show all', yet omit a couple sub-forums I care not to see; way on the arrogant supremist side for my liking.

#7 ·
I am elated to see many of the F6B people coming over to this forum from other places.
The F6B section of this forum was lacking because there were not many of us over here................

Been here for years!

Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Vehicle

.....sT

#12 ·
The F6B section of this forum was lacking because there were not many of us over here.
With the help of Shooter and others, the F6B section is growing.
With growth comes uncertainties.
What may have been allowed on forums that people have come from may not be allowed here.
Please read the rules of this forum.
I and others want the F6B section to grow.
It needs to be a place that people with F6Bs can come to and learn, get riding ideas, get help and possibly meet new friends.I am posting this new thread because some may have not been following the other thread that pertains to people coming over.
For those who really want to make the F6B section a success,thank you.
I am re posting what Rail said on the other thread that I think sums it up.
Everyone enjoy and let's make this section a place everyone wants to come to and join in.

Doug

"If you ever need help , please pm or email me.
Same board rules applies here as the rest of the gl1800 riders forum.
Simply keep it civil, keep it family orientated , zero politics, and a few there common sense rules applies . Bringing up topics that stir the pot will get my attention real quick like on any board. Those topics normally are politics of any mention , other forums that cause chaos , topics of known irritation ( Harley's for some reason I ain't figured out yet good example) , and religion. A forum us as only as good as its members . The more active , the better the quality . Want a great example visit ADV riders forum . They are huge and maintain a very civil forum. All though they have twice as many mods policing boards. I had a couple ads wanting to trade stuff and listed no price and had them removed recently with no notice of why . A simple Pm to a mod clarified situation and all was good. Lesson learned ???? Contact one of our 3 mods for help in any way .
Carry on F6B fans and enjoy the forum."
Rail
I'm going to try to spend time here too. I've been on a couple of other boards and like has been said; one is practically dead and the other while not F6B specific does have an 1800 Valkyrie section but if you don't want to talk politics, it's almost dead too. I normally try to limit my posts to ones that would help fellow riders in some fashion although I am not a tech by a long shot.

#16 ·
I typically monitor and comment on the 2018+ forum but I have been considering selling my 2019 tour manual but I'm not sure yet. I bought it a few years ago with just over 5k miles and got what I know was a great price - $17,300 and it was in showroom condition. The fellow I bought it from said he wanted to get back into a sportier bike and ended up getting a new retro 900 Kawi - which he sold within a year - think it's awfully hard to sit in the pilot's seat of any year GW and then go to a naked bike. Anyway, I like mixing things up every few years. I almost bought a F6B when I was thinking of selling my last bike - a 2008 HD ultra classic. Then I ran into the 2019 and drove it home three days later. Sold my HD within a week on FB Marketplace. Prices still look strong for used 2018+ GW's and I'm thinking I could get about $20,000+ even though I have 20,700 miles on my 2019. I've had all the maintenance done at the dealer although I've not yet had the air filter replaced. I have my eye on a black 2013 F6B with 36,000 miles. The guy has a Baggershield shield and also installed heated grips and a phone holder and it has a cover and the tires appear to be in good condition. It does have about a three inch scratch on the back fender. That mileage on a GW doesn't concern me but, that's not to say I wouldn't rather find one with half the miles for $500 more. I'd also prefer finding a 2015-6 model but in the rare cases I find one - the asking prices have been $12,000+. If I buy mine I plan on using the leftover $$ to buy a sportier bike of some sort - maybe a HD low rider or something similar. Road Kings are nice but if I bought the F6B I wouldn't want a RK as they're just too similar - size and appearance wise if nothing else. I very rarely travel overnight so although the trunk is handy - it serves as a rolling junk drawer for things I don't need to have along. My wife's back has her pretty much avoiding riding with me 95% of the time. I've also thought of getting a 2002-2009 regular non-F6B wing with relatively low miles - I've had my eye on quite a few that fit that bill in the $6-$8k range. If I went that route the second bike just may be a road king so - lots of options. No specific questions here but if you feel like giving me your thoughts I welcome them. Thanks.

#18 ·
Love my "sporty" F6B over the standard GL, but you'll take my 2016's cruise control from my Cold Dead Hands! :D

#19 ·
I first had cruise control on my 2008 HD ultra classic I bought in 2018 and only kept for a little over a year - great bike but I bought it for my 2019 GW tour manual. I rarely used the cruise on the HD and rarely use it on my GW. Even when I'm traveling on the freeways there's enough traffic for me to have to change speed frequently enough to not bother with it. I'm glad to have it as there are times traffic is light but for me, not having it wouldn't be a deal killer. Additionally, in over 15,000 miles on my 2019 - I've used reverse twice - once to test it and once to show it off to a friend...lol. I put on enough miles before I bought this bike to just have a habit of NOT pulling into a spot in a manner that reverse would be needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.