GL1800Riders Forums banner

Friday work dilemma

860 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Rail32 
#1 ·
I can work Friday if I want to . I have plenty to do , no doubt . But it could be a 4 day weekend for me . I do not have to work and they left it up to me . I am torn ??? Nothing really cool happening that I know of ,,, Maybe I should look at my Wisconsin mom and pop cafe book ?? Maybe I should get dirty playin on KLR , maybe I should mow and trim yard, build Devin a recycling bin, build her couple of barn doors out of reclaimed wood for basement deviders , or maybe get up at 3 am and join the Oshkosh gang for breakfast ???? Oh what to do .....
Thoughts , ideas options or just work for 4-5 hours ??

G
#2 ·
It is supposed to be a nice weekend.
Even if you only ride to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner is better than working.
Having 4 days of nice riding weather doesn't happen all that often.
Work is not dependent on weather conditions and is available to do 365 days a year.
There are more important things than money.
just sayin.

Doug

#3 ·
Riding on holiday weekends are not my cup of tea . Too many on the road and police are abundant . But Friday till about noon will not be bad . I truly understand important things other than money as I took a $4.25 an hour pay hour to start at new job. It has not been about money working for me for a long time. I will be working 6 days a week at 10 hours a day in a couple of weeks till mid winter or better getting new plant up and running . So I should just not go in Friday . But there is a lot of work ahead of me and getting ahead of the game seems like the right thing to do . I am torn . But also happy I like my job well enough to even consider going in when I really do not have to. It's been a decade or better since I felt like this :wink2:

Reactions: Wingwinder
#9 ·
Fantastic!
Given the same opportunity most(all?) of us would have done the same thing. I just know you are enjoying yourself!

Even though I am working myself today, I stopped at a Mom & Pop burger place for breakfast this morning. They are the best places! Their loaded biscuits and gravy consist of the biscuits and gravy covered in potatoes, ham, sausage, bacon, peppers, onions, and jalapenos all grilled together and tossed on top of the pile. I would have gotten a picture but I dug into the food before I dug out the camera. Looking forward to your report later today.

#10 ·
That sounds amazing ....please reply with name and location . One needs to eat when in OK.:grin2:

#11 ·
Ever see the movie Multiplicity? Then you can multiple things at once if you did it like the guy did in the movie.

#14 ·

Real corn beef hash a they make Reuben sandwiches also.

Ride home through Mindro Cut and was a blast with the culverts this spring redone . Now a little blacktop would be nice . Rode up and down twice . Sure is a blast with all the loose dirt in at out of corners . The KLR would have been awesome up there . Wing heads its own with only 3 times I had heart racing . Again seen Lacrosse Sheriff driving around there. Getting more and more possibly costly for me to ride there anymore . :sad:

Culverts look nice though . :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.